Class Action Lawsuit

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Who else is interested in starting a class action lawsuit against VZW for misrepresenting the Thunderbolt and providing false claims about its capabilities? I am fed up, and have been chatting with some attorneys about the matter. They misrepresent the skype capabilities, gchat capabilities, misled customers into thinking software updated were coming to fix issues, etc. The complaint list goes on.

Who else is interested in starting a class action? - lawyers, because THEY are the ones that make out like bandits.

Go chase your firetrucks on some other forum.

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
So homeboy started this thread and forgot to add that it was a sarcastic remark? Because everyone here can read emotions from Arial size 10 font...

Mods, can we get this thread deleted and face palmed!!! Lets free up bandwidth with useful stuff...

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
So homeboy started this thread and forgot to add that it was a sarcastic remark? Because everyone here can read emotions from Arial size 10 font...

Mods, can we get this thread deleted and face palmed!!! Lets free up bandwidth with useful stuff...

just like your posts

yellowj704

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
LOL, the reactions are funnier than the original post! Talk about firing up emotions!

EXACTLY. :D Sorry, I guess I just have a thing for watching a bunch of dudes panties get in a bunch. TROLOLOLOLOL

"let's free up the bandwidth with useful stuff" --- I agree 100%. This thread was started in order to get a lot of you whiners out there whose phones don't work properly 1% of the time to take a moment to reflect on how pitiful you look when you post problems which have already been cited in 300 other threads.

Thanks for playing the game...you just lost, though.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
To be honest switching phones isn't for me or an option. I have worked in retail, customer service, and non for profit. When I provide a product or service that doesn't work I have to compensate or work to provide the proper service or product.

I have done surveys for Verizon, interviews, reviews, and been a LOYAL VZW customer for years. I called several times and was nothing but nice.

There offer to me was another phone same model that still doesn't work.

If they offered me the option to change to a phone that worked I would be fine. They also suggested I trade my phone in and buy another at full retail. Great idea.... NOT!

To put it simply. If anyone provides a service or product that doesn't work as advertised they should do everything in their power to rectify the situation. VZW hasn't done that. You would think they would be pushing and working night and day for an update or offer bolt owners the opportunity to trade it in for a charge or other comparable device.

They haven't done what they need to do and frankly it has left a sour taste in my mouth regarding their service.

So class action lawsuit based on my tenure as a VZW customer, my dedication to their service, and the amount of money I have spent with them. I am all for it. What they are doing is negligent and disrespectful towards their customers.

That's my two cents.

If a parent signs a kid up for basketball camp and he learns how to shoot and pass but not dribble I give a refund.

VZW has provided me with a phone that loses signal constantly, reboots daily, offers on averAge 4 hours of battery life, and with an update that was supposed to improve the experience with phone made it worse.

Do the math.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Disgruntled Owner

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Actually, yes count me in. Here is why. I purchased the phone outright paying $350 in March 2012. I learned it was going to get an upgrade and one that unlocks it to be a 'world phone." I have been staying on top of the forums and have decided to not root my phone and install any ICS leaks in fear of screwing it up. I still can't text message and still cannot get data and I am on T-Mobile. I purchased this awesome phone before T-Mobile came out with a similar phone.

I am not saying I hate my phone. Actually, I love it, but am not getting the full functionality I thought I would get as it was promised with ICS and unlocked features. The fact that they continue to say "Okay, next month" every month is negligent in my opinion. The fact that compared to the flood of new Android phones my phone is now obsolete because of ICS now Jellybean which is pathetic since I just purchased it. I would rather hear them say sorry folks we are not doing anything so stop waiting.

Count me in when the suit is ready. I will be happy to have a refund for the phone and purchase something that works for everyone. If you think that I should just go out and get another phone then please make an offer to purchase mine which is running excellent and brand new. Asking price $350.

Last edited:

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Actually, yes count me in. Here is why. I purchased the phone outright paying $350 in March 2012. I learned it was going to get an upgrade and one that unlocks it to be a 'world phone." I have been staying on top of the forums and have decided to not root my phone and install any ICS leaks in fear of screwing it up. I still can't text message and still cannot get data and I am on T-Mobile. I purchased this awesome phone before T-Mobile came out with a similar phone.

I am not saying I hate my phone. Actually, I love it, but am not getting the full functionality I thought I would get as it was promised with ICS and unlocked features. The fact that they continue to say "Okay, next month" every month is negligent in my opinion. The fact that compared to the flood of new Android phones my phone is now obsolete because of ICS now Jellybean which is pathetic since I just purchased it. I would rather hear them say sorry folks we are not doing anything so stop waiting.

Count me in when the suit is ready. I will be happy to have a refund for the phone and purchase something that works for everyone. If you think that I should just go out and get another phone then please make an offer to purchase mine which is running excellent and brand new. Asking price $350.

LOL

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

bigberries

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested. It's not about asking for a lemon law. It's about the false advertising. And Verizon isn't the only one. I can't think of another industry that has persistently 'strategizes' to make billing and costs so confusing. They all have often made claims about the capabilities of new phones which turn out to be untrue. They created a partnership with hardware (Apple, Samsung, HTC, etc) that allows them to fix prices.. Can anyone say LIBOR? Yeah... let's say this device cost a billion dollars and then give it to them for pennies IF they buy a contract from us... Come on! NOW unless we agree to their terms they will force us to pay the unattainable billion dollars for a device that has nothing to do with the contract? Also, tell me they're not controlling internet content by placing data caps on the plans? you watch.... 6 months from now they'll introduce a video phone call app. They'll say, "Use OUR app and we won't charge you any data!" Take that Skype!

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
BRAAAAIIINNNS!

Where did you hear that?!?!? Unless you have documentation from HTC or Verizon, who the heck would you sue?!?!? And "world phone" or not, you'd still have to get it unlocked by Verizon to use on other US carriers anyway!

I'm pulling my shotgun on this zombie thread!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If any coorporation markets a product claiming it does ( or soon will do ) "X" and the product doesnt live up to that claim I think it's great if someone goes.after them for it. I don't care if it's a $5 metal wallet or a $500 cell phone.

Ironically, I don't care about skype or google chat but if those were promised and not delivered the consumer should be given some relief from the company...whether a new phone or something toward a new phone would be fair imo.

BTW, if your phone restarts daily there is something wrong with it. Mine hasnt done that since MR2 update.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
All a class action suit does is make a group of lawyers richer $$$$ with the fees they get in a class action suit, while the consumers get some small trinket or credit ( like $10.00 off your next verizon purchase) for their trouble. They are not worth the effort to offset the lost verizon will just raise prices.........:D

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
5 years ago a group of women banded together in a lawsuit against 3 top cosmetic companies. It was some sort of free gift situation. They ran out of the gift before the event dates ended. None cane into the stores and no substitutes. Took 5 years but the companies had to fess up a bunch is samples nationwide. Special tables were set up in the stores and women across America were given a bunch of samples. They also had to sign a waiver when they received the samples. I was in cosmetics at the time and this did happen. So a lawsuit could possibly get action. But is there a firm who wants to take on verizon. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
If any coorporation markets a product claiming it does ( or soon will do ) "X" and the product doesnt live up to that claim I think it's great if someone goes.after them for it. I don't care if it's a $5 metal wallet or a $500 cell phone.

Ironically, I don't care about skype or google chat but if those were promised and not delivered the consumer should be given some relief from the company...whether a new phone or something toward a new phone would be fair imo.

BTW, if your phone restarts daily there is something wrong with it. Mine hasnt done that since MR2 update.

Check when this thread started -- it probably was during MR2 update! (that's why I made the "zombie thread" reference).

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you do that in Horizontal 800x600? :D

-Frank

This one works for you?

attachment.php

jodyhoot

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Who else is interested in starting a class action lawsuit against VZW for misrepresenting the Thunderbolt and providing false claims about its capabilities? I am fed up, and have been chatting with some attorneys about the matter. They misrepresent the skype capabilities, gchat capabilities, misled customers into thinking software updated were coming to fix issues, etc. The complaint list goes on.

First of all its big busines, So fight back in a way that will hurt them. A lawsuit will do nothing, besides get you an update? your still with that phone. And say they give you a new phon of our choice? that phone will be outdated in 3 months. I personally got tired of their false claims and the billing issues that are constant every month. So I found 7 prepaid phones and connected my lines to them and took my verizon phones and went to Page Plus with them. I know my little $1000.00 a month bill hat i used to pay to them for 8 years was nothing to them, but now i pay $55.00 a phone and get everything i had with them plus i use their network and they are not seeing a dime of it........ So if you really want to make an impact, start a website and get people to change carriers... And I will add Page Plus will except almost all verizon phones. Take down the giant one leg at a time.

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

Verizon has always said that the Thunderbolt will never be a world phone, that the SIM is there for LTE purposes only.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez