Not getting text messages from certain people

snowking1111

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I got my LG G2 about a month ago now and I have noticed that there are a couple of people that I don't receive texts from. Both are Iphone users and one is on ATT and one is on VZW. I'm clueless as to what is going on.

Anybody have a solution??

andyr3ad

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi I don't know the reason but have seen similar posts and believe it's something to do with imessage and if you previously owned an iPhone. I'm sure if you search on here or Google you'll find a solution

Posted via Android Central App

RazorLeaf

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact same problem.

Make sure you unregister your phone number from any other iDevices you may have. You can do this from the Apple site or the iDevice itself.
In the iPhone message settings, have your friends turn on the toggle that allows for SMS to be sent if iMessage fails.
Start a new text message thread with your friends and have them do the same.

It's a real pain of a problem switching from iPhone to an android device, but it's so worth it. Apple just makes it really difficult to do so. I think your phone number is eventually deleted from the iMessage servers once you stop using it completely(?)

AR Doc

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
If you've had an Apple device prior to your LG G2 and have utilized iMessage then you need to call Apple and speak to tech support. I just did it today and now I'm set. Tell them you want to remove your number from iMessage and they'll walk you through it. They told me that they would send me a message that includes a code that I would have to tell them over the phone in order for them to input it into their system to disable the link between your number and Apple. I never got the message so they told me to text HELP in all caps to 48369. When I did that I received a reply text that said;

FREE MSG: Apple iCloud ID
Verification: Reply STOP to Cancel.
1msg/request. 1-800-275-2273

Then another text that read;

Please provide this verification code to
your AppleCare advisor: XXXXXXXX

(Actual code will be different and all CAPS.)

They called me back and I gave them this code. After a few minutes she said it was successful. Just make sure to be polite. They really helped me out and I'm sure would do the same for you. It didn't cost me anything but about a half hour of free time playing with my phone. Hope this helps.

bungaman

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
For some reason when my wife texts me I don't get the msg. What I notice is when I look at details on her phone there is +1 in front of my number... anyone know how to remove this?

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

ahcai2

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks AR Doc for the info. I called Apple care and it was fixed. Changes take only 24 hours to be completed in system. Now I'm receiving texts form apple users in my LG G2

hairdini

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I did switch from iPhone to samsung galaxy S 5 and wasn't getting some txts. I realized it was all iPhone users. I called 800 my apple and I had to be disconnected from the Apple server. They gave me a verification code in a txt message and I had to tell them the code. I just did it 2 min ago. I got someone to txt me from a iphone and it said "message undeliverable". I am hoping it works soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty