Cannot delete- deleted emails

Rory Wells1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have an Lg G2 from Verizon. I have my phone set to delete emails from the server when I delete them from the trash but soem emails are getting stuck in the trash and I am unable to delete them. The option is there but nothing happens when I hit delete. I have tried to delete them individually and I get the option to delete it and a confirmation that the email will be permanently deleted, after I select OK- nothing happens. I have removed and re-added the email account which removed the emails that were currently stuck but now there are more today. I am thinking this might have something to do with me maybe deleting the emails from the server before deleting from the phone?? Any ideas?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have an Lg G2 from Verizon. I have my phone set to delete emails from the server when I delete them from the trash but soem emails are getting stuck in the trash and I am unable to delete them. The option is there but nothing happens when I hit delete. I have tried to delete them individually and I get the option to delete it and a confirmation that the email will be permanently deleted, after I select OK- nothing happens. I have removed and re-added the email account which removed the emails that were currently stuck but now there are more today. I am thinking this might have something to do with me maybe deleting the emails from the server before deleting from the phone?? Any ideas?

Which email app are you using?

What type of email account is it?

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I am seeing the same thing (stock client, POP3 account) . I posted about it here awhile back & got zero response. Ultimately switched to AquaMail. Wish I had more info for you...

Patty Ball

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem, but I think I figured it out. In your Account Settings, instead of selecting Delete from server - "when I delete from trash box" (which seems the obvious one to choose), select Delete from server "When i downloaded from server". I do not know why this works, but finally, I could successfully delete my over 2000 emails. I tried everything else and still they were there. When I checked this option, I could finally delete them. Hope this helps.

Rory Wells1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! That did work! I didn't want to use that option because some emails I need to download to my laptop and dont want to keep on the phone memory. Oh well. Could be worse.