Firmware Update Has My LGg2 Frozen

Jake Cotner

May 18, 2014
Visit site
So I installed some system update that they sent me last night. When I restarted my phone this morning, it just says "Firmware Update: DO NOT UNPLUG the USB connection until the process is complete." When that screen showed up, my phone wasn't even connected to anything. So, I plugged it in via USB to my Mac, and the screen hasn't changed at all. The meter on the screen still shows 0% of the process is complete. Do I have to plug it in to a PC in order to finish the update?

K Man11

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone been able to figure this out??? My LG G2 is just stuck on the firmware update screen, and you cant do anything? How do you fix this?

swapnil waichal

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
same with my nexus 5 . Just tried it with my phone - turned off, then connected USB cable/wall charger while holding vol up and sure enough it went into download mode. I unplugged the cable, then held the power button until the phone restarted. Booted as normal.

Arnav Jain1

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I had got an update from PC suite and then 65% through it decided to stop so now my phone is stuck in firmware update mode and i cannot do anything. Someone help because getting to repair may not work. Btw i am not rooted

Claudiu Cocan

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Guys! I had the exact same problem today. My solution was to keep pressing the "try again" button every time the error appeared on my computer screen. It took some time but the error was appearing at different levels each time in this order : 45% 57% 65% 80% and next the instalation was completed. If it doesn't work try switching to another computer if you can. After the firmware update hits 100% your phone will restart and the LG logo will appear(the led changes its color during this process). At this point you have to just wait a while. Then a dialog box will appear saying that the applications on your phone are configuring themselves. After that your phone will start and work normaly. The cause of the error is the lack of memory on your phone. If those idiots working for LG would say "YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH STORING SPACE" this stuff would not happen.
The phone is not rooted!(IMPORTANT)
Phone name: LG G2
Phone model: D802
Old software: 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Actual software: 5.0.2 (Lollipop)
I hope this hellped you solving the problem.

Frank Burns1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I am getting the same firmware update screen, just unplug your phone and remove your battery. Plug your charger cable into one end of the phone, then the other end into the power source. If that doesn't change anything, reverse it, plug the power source in first. My LG screen reports the phone as #unrooted but when I think of the different brands I've bought, if you think about it, most are #rooted before they start production?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca