Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - Screen turns on when receiving a text

rishman1

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

So I just noticed that when I receive a text, my screen turns on and stays on, presumably for the full 10 minutes that I have set for screen timeout, wasting battery. (I've always had my phones set that way because I turn off the screen manually anyway and I don't like it turning off in the middle of something.) Anyhow, this happens even when I have "preview message" unchecked in SMS settings. I know one solution would be to turn off SMS notifications altogether and use Light Flow to still get a sound and LED, but then the notification doesn't go to my Galaxy Gear smartwatch! Quite the conundrum! Anyone have a solution?? Thanks!

RetNavy

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
This is probably no help at all but I get my text message except I noticed that if I have the phone case open I do not receive text messages. I was baffled for a long time trying to figure out why I was not receiving text messages and was sending them to myself and using my girlfriends phone to see if my gear picked up on them and got nothing until I closed the case and left the phone alone. then when a text message is sent i get them now. The other thing I have done is wipe the gear clean and uninstall the gear manager and start from scratch, now it works.