29 gb of miscellaneous files taking up space?

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a rooted note 3 running beans ROM. I went to download some apps and got a insufficient space message. I checked my storage and it shows 29 gb used by miscellaneous files. I click on it and it listed system memory at 29 gb and lists viber at 16 mb and others down the list in decreasing sizes. Someone on xda suggested deleting thumbnails via root explorer but that didn't work. My backups are stored on my ext sd so I don't believe it's them but I'm not sure. Another person on xda suggested using an app called diskusage but I'm waiting on a response as to what I would be looking for and what's safe to delete to fix this issue. Through more searching I came across a posts where someone used another app called my drives. When i used it it actually showed I had 16gb of free space so now I'm really confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I do realize that a portion of that 29 gb is touchwiz and possibly Beans but I just don't know what the rest is at this point. Or am I totally missing something ? Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
You'll have better luck/response on XDA. The replies there are on track. I'd probably also suggest re-flashing the rom. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699