Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Root MJE?

chaderick9

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I love seeing this over and over and over...

fail.jpg

whoever resolves this lame issue will forever be known as the GREATEST DAMN PERSON TO EVER LIVE! :D:D:D:D:D:D

salukibrandon

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I tried rooting in this manner on two different laptops and a desktop. A USB 3 and a USB 2 cable. Over and over and over it failed. Never working. I researched all these threads and tried every single suggestion. Frustration is not even coming close to how I feel about this problem. Guess I'm not meant to root this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

eons

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
So I was following this post all of yesterday trying with my laptop, my old desktop, different cables, removing drivers, and nothing worked. I figured I would go to bed and see what happens in a week or two. I ended up grabbing another laptop this morning to give it one more shot and it worked the first time like a charm. I really don't know what did it, my guess is that it could have been that I did it with a 100% battery this time, or just the other laptop could do it for whatever reason. What I'm saying is don't give up hope too easily.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I love seeing this over and over and over...

View attachment 103994

whoever resolves this lame issue will forever be known as the GREATEST DAMN PERSON TO EVER LIVE! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I have been pulling my hair out here. I recently purchased a note 3 which came with the MJE update. I am a Verizon user with model SM-N900V, 4.3, MJE. Every root method I have tried has failed, including the Kingo method....which looked so promising. When I use kingo, I get the message, "Failed. notsupported." can someone help give me insight? it sounds like others running g MJE have had success...I haven't and it's driving me crazy! I have debugging on, of course, I am using a basic USB 2 cable and port, I have disabled, "verify apps," and I don't get a popup that asks me to "allow" on my PC. Can anyone help me with this root issue? I'm dying to get rooted and move on. I don't care AT ALL whether KNOX is tripped. Not sure why anyone would care to be honest. anyway. I am begging for help. I have tried 4 or 5 rooting methods, all of which fail. it's getting pretty discouraging. PLEASE HELP! Thank you so much to ANYONE who can point me in the right direction.

Have you gone here yet?

http://galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-note-3-root/how-to-root-verizon-galaxy-note-3/

Worked for me with no problem or issues. Also, doesn't trip Knox, even after installing 2 different TW-based ROMs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
u8yjupep.jpg

chaderick9

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you gone here yet?

How to Root Verizon Galaxy Note 3! | GalaxyNote3Root.com

Worked for me with no problem or issues. Also, doesn't trip Knox, even after installing 2 different TW-based ROMs.

Yeah, that doesn't work if you have foolishly accepted Verizons OTA MJE update... Which is the dilemma that we are all in. Screw Verizon... I can't root my damn phone and get rid of your ridiculous bloatware, all so that you can try and sucker me into paying you more than I already am?

**EDIT
how can this sorcery be?!?! I just went to that download page you referenced, followed the youtube video, and it softbricked my phone... Are you saying I should try Odin over and over again hoping that it will just magically work???

fail2.png

Last edited:

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
It worked for me. Are you sure you're softbricked? It takes a long time to get from the first step to the second and nothing seems to be happening. But for me, it eventually came around.

chaderick9

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Couple of obvious questions - do you have all of the drivers? Have you clicked USB Debugging? Is your USB cable good?

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
That image above... says "failed"...? Seemed like a pretty good indicator to me that he was not successful... :p

Yeah, didn't see the image until after I posted the first time. The waiting another 5 minutes seemed strange though.

What can I say - mj3 isn't the issue in any case.

chaderick9

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Couple of obvious questions - do you have all of the drivers? Have you clicked USB Debugging? Is your USB cable good?

Driver installed: Samsung driver 1.5.33.0.
Computer OS: Running windows 8.1.
USB debugging: Is on
USB cable is a 2.0 good condition cable plugged into my desktops usb 2.0 slot.
I have now failed for the 3rd time, and am currently having to restore my phone using that method I mentioned earlier.

chaderick9

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
100% SOLUTION FOUND!!!

Alright the answer truly was Kingo. The thing is that you MUST run Kingo on a computer that is running Windows 7!

I have been doing all sorts of things with no success on my Desktop that is running windows 8.1 and I have failed every time!

I gott upset, murdered a few kittens... (I kid, no kittens were harmed, we all love kittens around here.) Eventually I ran the SAME process on an old laptop that had windows 7, and boom... success...

So I believe that is what is key, this process MUST be done from a computer running windows 7 or lower... can anyone else who has SUCCESSFULLY rooted their Verizon Note 3 running MJE confirm this?

Those who are unsuccessful, are you running Windows 8 or 8.1?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles