No Lock not working. How to quickly disable screen lock

fybbob

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming from a Droid Razr. In my opinion, a huge flaw in the android screen lock functionality is the inability to easily turn on/off screen lock. You have to completely disable the screen lock and then enter a new one rather than simply switching it on and off as your situation demands. (Sitting at my desk all day, I have no need for screen lock, however, when walking my dog, I want the screen lock active, so when I get to the park, I need to sit in my car and: settings > lock screen > screen lock > password > and enter password twice).

The No Lock app is not working. It worked ok on the Razr (though even if the screen lock was deactivated, selecting an item from the swipe down notification bar would lock the phone). I'm just looking for a simple way to deactivate the screen lock and then reactivate it without going through the whole lock screen process every time.

Thank you.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you, you are correct in the steps you have to go through for the lock screen.
Maybe someone will chime in and give us an easier way!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

fybbob

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I used No Lock on the Razr which is just a toggle, no menus, no messing around, just on/off. It doesn't work on the Note 3.
It just seems like somebody should have thought of this. I can send a text without having to touch the phone. Why can't I turn off the screen lock easily? Do people really keep it on all the time? So if you're sitting at home for an entire weekend (people in the northeast this winter know what I'm talking about), you constantly have to unlock your phone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No Lock does not work if you use a password or pin then no lock won't work. If you use the swipe to unlock then no lock would work.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
there is app called timepin that you can just toggle on and off.

I tried timepin and after trying over and over to unlock I finally got in and deleted the app.
The time and the backup would not work, scared the hell out of me! I'll stick with the installed lock!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"