What to do now?

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
In all sincerity, since I couldn't find a change log for the kitkat update, what do I do now? My phone is all nice and pretty with a new software update. It's a little bit snappier. My watchon app actually works for my lg smart tv now (and my ac unit, though it only turns it off, and i can't turn it back on w/ my phone). But what else? all the settings seem pretty much the same. Still can't get lockscreen widgets. I don't want to feel underwhelmed, so please enlighten me!

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I think what your looking for is still there.. go to settings.. lock screen.. and shortcuts lets u add the camera or other apps. The widgets you go to the same place and turn them on and then select it (push it) and it will open up to a guide to let tou set it up.

Hope this helps

Posted via Android Central App

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it was more under the hood upgrades. Security with sd card and battery utilization mainly but who knows what else. Only difference I actually noticed was notification bar and battery is much better. Otherwise, it might as well be Jellybean 4.4. Such a mild update for a name change. Probably more money spent on advertising than developing.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
In all sincerity, since I couldn't find a change log for the kitkat update, what do I do now? My phone is all nice and pretty with a new software update. It's a little bit snappier. My watchon app actually works for my lg smart tv now (and my ac unit, though it only turns it off, and i can't turn it back on w/ my phone). But what else? all the settings seem pretty much the same. Still can't get lockscreen widgets. I don't want to feel underwhelmed, so please enlighten me!

.... and Lock Screen - Screen Lock needs to be on swipe lock, and Multiple Widgets on, while you access the lock screen with the widgets widget!

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
That link does not take you to a page that has the notes indicated???

You're right. When I click on the link it goes to some other page. But when I copy/paste in the browser it opens up the PDF.

Here's the link again. I don't know if the forum isnt parsing it correctly or what. Copy/paste in your browser, but remove the leading bracket "]"

]www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/galaxy-note-3-05-13-14.pdf

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
.... and Lock Screen - Screen Lock needs to be on swipe lock, and Multiple Widgets on, while you access the lock screen with the widgets widget!

*still can't get luck screen widgets with a secure lock. Some of us have nosey friends lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Amazon Kindle is more stable -- does not require restart as often, does not tell me book is invalid.
Home screed does not lag as much if at all.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If I have any sort of secure lock activated (PIN, pattern, password, etc) it does not give the option for lockscreen widgets. Only gives the choice of multiple widgets on the non-secure swipe lock.

Yeh you seem to be right. A few of us found the hard way in the thread below how to add lock screen widgets on a GS3 for a new lady member. I later found others who knew this.
I never followed up to see if she could use the widgets with a pin lock back on.
I think now having tried it, you can't, as you say.
All very confusing. :)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3551003

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Interesting how one of the changes listed on page three is "more ways to tap to pay" and yet the only way is still isis.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Technically we should be able to use Google Wallet because of HCE. But the nfc chip in the Note 3 doesn't support HCE, if I understand correctly. Google has to add support for the chip that's in the Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87