Alarm Issue

breadmanjp

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't find any problems similar to mine so here goes...When I set the alarm on the Note 3 for a wake-up time, as soon as the alarm is to go off, the phone makes it go to "sleep" and the alarm never rings. I have tried turning off wi-fi, battery pulls, resets, etc..I'm not sure what is the cause but it acts as if I hit the 'snooze' button instead of setting off the alarm. Anybody else have this issue?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Hmm no, clue but try installing an app with it's own alarm like nite clock by ned fox...super simple interface and get a lot of updates so pretty current...use the apps alarm instead of the android built in and see if the same thing happens...

A few questions that could narrow things down
Do you use an app killer?
Any notification apps that you might need to exclude alarms on?
Any apps at all that you have silenced that need to have alarm/clock excluded from the app list within the new app?
Did you try turning the phone of and doing a battery pull or clearing the cache for the alarm app?

Good luck and let us know what happens...check alarm and phone setting for notifications and check blocking mode in phone settings to see if anything can be changed there.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, I use timely now but when I used the stock app, I never had a problem. maybe try to clear app data and cache for the app

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Some apps have not been updated recently therefore do not work well with kit kat... I know the so app I suggested works on my phone and so does stock. So give one of those a try if clearing timely doesn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member