Note 3 Facebook Problem

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I am a "geezer" of 65+ years. Smartphones are dangerous in my wrinkled hands. I have a Note 3 and am on Verizon. I need whatever help the good people on this board can supply.

I access Facebook via the Chrome browser. I have tried the regular version f Chrome and Chrome Beta; the problem occurs on both.

Specifically, and intermittently, while I am typing on my timeline two of the same word (ie: hellohello) will appear or the screen will freeze for about 90 seconds.

I have read there are ways to tweak Chrome via "flags." I have not done so but am wondering if by doing something of that nature the problem will vanish.

I even went so far as to replace my SD card in case it was corrupted. I have also done the cache clear procedure several times. I have not "wiped" the phone and am loathe to do so givent the pain of restoring my programs, etc.

Any guidance will be deeply appreciate.

Thank you in advance.

dipkid

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried downloading and using the Facebook app? instead of going to Facebook through the chrome browser?

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried downloading and using the Facebook app? instead of going to Facebook through the chrome browser?

Call me lazy (again, I'm a "geezer") but I did not take well to the dedicated FB application because I had to type in my password every time I logged on. Chrome retained the password.

I bit the bullet late last night and just erased my N3. Seems to have killed whatever gremlin was causing the problem.

Thank you for your reply.

dipkid

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Im sorry you did that from my personal experience with the dedicated facebook app i have only had to ever enter my password the first time after i installed it but as always there are different cases and yours could very well be different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthHONK