Wifi quit working on my Note 3. Please help!

Alexshurly

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I got a Note 3 on Father's day and everything worked great. Last night I went to change the battery and when I turned it on, both the wifi and Bluetooth sliders (in settings) were off. If I try to turn either on, they go dark grey and won't turn on.
Here's what I've already done:
-Powered off and restarted
-Hard reset (taking the battery out)
-Factory reset

I did eventually turn it off, took the battery out and pressed on the back with some force and when I turned it back on, the wifi came back on but when I looked in the morning, it was back to being stuck off. What do I need to do? Any advice is appreciated.
-I bought the phone used so there is no warranty, for what it's worth.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You need to bring it into a shop. There are a few possibilities, and the phone has to be taken apart to find out what's wrong. You shouldn't do the first and you can't do the second.

Alexshurly

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Strangely, my phone shut off last night all on its own and when I turned it back on the Wifi and Bluetooth were back on. Also the Spen had stopped working earlier on the week and that suddenly started working too. We'll see how long it lasts

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Strangely, my phone shut off last night all on its own and when I turned it back on the Wifi and Bluetooth were back on. Also the Spen had stopped working earlier on the week and that suddenly started working too. We'll see how long it lasts

To be honest...that sounds like the power saving mode. Such as a battery saving application that's been added. Turn that off and see what happens. Also, clean the battery contacts using a pencil eraser. Both the contacts on the phone and the battery.

When (if) it happens again, look at battery level.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non