Note 5 releasing soon, and likely with removable sd card.

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I still like my Note 3, I even ordered a new battery for it for $10 just to make sure it keeps a healthy charge, they usually start getting less life after a year or two. I noticed today the Note 5 is going to be released, and will likely have the removable sd card, and possibly the removable battery. I still love my note 3, but I might buy a Note 5 if the fever hits me.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd go for it! The Note 3 was exceptionally good, but so was the Note 4 (just wasn't that much of a jump from 3 to 4). This time around it might not be revolutionary, but a 2+ year-old device will start to show its age, and let's not forget about updates... If you can, I'd say go for the Note 5! I'm just waiting to see if it's released early to Jump! and get it!

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately with unlimited data.....I'm gonna have to wait and see what are they going to ask for it????? I'm not sure about beaking off $1000 for a phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Probably gonna be in the 750-850 range outright for the base model (I'm assuming 32GB, but they might go for 64...please, let them go with 64!). IIRC, at least on Jump!, you don't need to change your plan (or lose unlimited data promos) to upgrade the device... but I might be wrong. Hope I'm not haha

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately with unlimited data.....I'm gonna have to wait and see what are they going to ask for it????? I'm not sure about beaking off $1000 for a phone.
I agree, I too am on unlimited data, but I'm not giving it up for a one time half off deal on a phone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I plan to keep my note 3 for the foreseeable future however I wish vzw would send us the security update note 4 owners received days ago

Linda McDonald

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it will have micro sd slot or removable battery. I dropped my note 3 (the one I'm using right now), over a year ago, into the toilet. I had the battery out within 5 seconds. I'm not sure if I could have saved it, if I couldn't have taken the battery out? I'm sticking with my note 3.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it will have micro sd slot or removable battery. I dropped my note 3 (the one I'm using right now), over a year ago, into the toilet. I had the battery out within 5 seconds. I'm not sure if I could have saved it, if I couldn't have taken the battery out? I'm sticking with my note 3.

No removable battery also means better insulation. Not waterproof, but fewer holes for water to get through. It's possible to 'save' the device as long as you promptly turn it off. However, the same thing is true about drying it out: fewer escape holes for the water to evaporate through.

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It has been released with no sd card slot or removable battery. I agree with you, the first thing you do is yank the battery, it's hard to do if you can't open the case. I guarantee water would get in a Note 5, otherwise they would market it as an active model. I have known people who don't use the cloud but keep data on their sd card. Some who have had phones killed in the water, etc. were able to extract the sd card and retrieve all the pictures and other data that would have been lost. One girl I know had her pics stored on the internal and tried sending the phone back to the mfg to try to extract them, no luck. Dead is dead on a mother board.