Text messages being sent to email account

wjeffries

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got my S4 last night and set up all of my email accounts including my office exchange account. Today I have received a couple of text messages and they are showing up on the phone as text messages, but they are also being sent to my exchange email account. I've looked but I can't find any where to change this. I did a search on the forums and didn't come up with anything either. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

wjeffries

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Where can I find the exchange email settings?

If you go into Settings>Accounts you should see your Exchange account. Click on the Exchange ActiveSync account and then select settings. Scroll down to the bottom and then click on More Settings. On this screen you'll see an option to Sync SMS. Make sure this is unchecked. That should take care of it.

loopiloo

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Samsung S4 -- Open e-mail inbox go to settings > > you will have your email address there with a tick >> press it and scroll down to "More Settings" >>scroll to "Sync SMS" and untick it. :)

matteismaximus

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
how do you get to those settings though may I ask? I can get into settings my account and all that, but I can get to the sync screen on the email account settings

nabernater

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I too am having this trouble. However, when I follow the instructions you have up, the Sync SMS isn't an option. There's Sync Calendar, Sync Contacts, Sync Email, and Sync Tasks. Any ideas?

kingtvrob

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
New problem. I want the SMS turned off on my work Microsoft Outlook account but want it turned on my hotmail account. Galaxy S4 puts both work account and hotmail account into Microsoft Exchange folders. So the SMS setting seems to apply to both accounts. Either both on are both off.

kingtvrob

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Never mind. Loolilo post above did the trick. Accessed setting from inbox and was able to disable SMS on work account but leave on from hotmail account. Thanks.

LeniGail

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, my Account and Sync application won't open. I've tried over and over again but it always has the same error. How do I get it to open?

emmmiii

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey I was having the same problem... Remove your account and set it up again if you scroll down the bottom it gives you the option to sync SMS... Hope this helps worked for me :)

Adisa A

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Yup,delete the account all together and when you put in email and password it gives you all different options to sync,scroll all the way down and it will say sync sms ,uncheck that. thx emiiii

celittle

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Bless this. I hate texting and then getting a bunch of emails when my email is for other things...I mean I never delete texts so I don't need them in my email cluttering my box. D: I thought it was my service provider but then I remembered it must be the phone since it did it with another provider...so thank you so much for posting this! You just saved me lots of aggravation! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress