Volume Question

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for an app that can separate the gps and the mp3 player volume. Don't know if one even exists, but if it does I'd like to give it a try. Thanks for any help on this.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for an app that can separate the gps and the mp3 player volume. Don't know if one even exists, but if it does I'd like to give it a try. Thanks for any help on this.

There are 6 different volumes you can control: Alarm, Media, Ringer, Alerts, System, and Voice call. I believe music is Media, and I think you are talking about Media for the GPS navigation that gives turn-by-turn directions. I use AudioManager app to view and change my volumes for each, and they have a nice widget to view them at a glance.

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I'll check the app out right now. BTW, yes I'm talking about the turn by turn directions. I like to listen to my phone playlists over the car audio system and have the phone's gps giving directions at the same time. Even thought the music audio dips when the gps gives a direction, if I have the music set at a comfortable level I can barely hear the directions. I hope that this app will give the the ability to boost the gps volume without boosting the music volume as well. Again, thanks for the info.

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but didn't work. Don't know if what I am looking for is possible. I think they both use the same volume control (media volume) and I can't separate them. So guess I'm stuck.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but didn't work. Don't know if what I am looking for is possible. I think they both use the same volume control (media volume) and I can't separate them. So guess I'm stuck.

I did not say this app would work... I just wanted to explain that there are only 6 volume controls and I thought the Media volume was what was used by both the GPS turn-by-turn and the Music app.

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again, though. I'm a little slow sometimes, but I do eventually get there. One quick question - I can see the list for the six volume controls and get most of them, but what does the system volume do?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again, though. I'm a little slow sometimes, but I do eventually get there. One quick question - I can see the list for the six volume controls and get most of them, but what does the system volume do?

Some say camera shutter, battery warning and other system sounds... all I know for sure is that when I put my device in Silent or Vibrate it turns the system volume down to zero... I like using Tasker to set some volume levels or going to vibrate only while I'm at work. Most of the time I just worry about the other 5 volumes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress