Overrated lag machine

rockhopperGS3

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
BS...My brother switched from outdated iphone platform to s4 because he saw how much better my old gs3 was over his tiny featureless iphone. And he cant believe the difference he can actually customize his phone. But after jb and Verizon totally blew the last updates and ruined many good s3's I upgraded to s4 and love it. No lag on either of our phones or any others we asked. So quit with your false lag rumors. I tried all that was available now and overall GS4 rules for now. All you have to do is download the wrong app to mess up your phone so you must be very careful.
U think because a few people out of millions have lag issues the phone is junk, ha, go ahead use something else but for now S4 reins supreme.
My GS4 has better 4gLte signal then my gs3 had especially after jb update. I didn't think the screen could look much better then s3 but new 1080p hd screen is gorgeous and very bright. Larger battery is perfect size for a day of heavy use.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Fanboy, much?
False rumors? Obviously, you don't read the forums at all. And it is more than a "few" people, and probably is in the thousands or 100's of thousands. I'm sure that there are more people with lag that don't post on forums than people that do post their lag problem, as probably 90% of smartphone owners never visit a forum. And I never said that the S4 is junk. I said that it should not have been released with the lag problems that were on it. Actually, I think that it is a great phone, other than that issue.

"Featureless iPhone".
Could you elaborate on this? For probably 80-90% of smartphone users, the biggest things that they use their phone for is calls, texting, emailing, and web browsing. The iPhone absolutely excels in all of these areas, and does it in a very smooth, simplistic manner. Maybe that is why it is gaining U.S. marketshare, and Android is losing some.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I think you do have a valid point. But fact is every initial release of every technology comes with glitches. You mentioned you came from an iPhone to the s4. Keep in mind so did I. The only reason iOS doesn't have many glitches and are fairly smooth is simply bc every release of the OS only has a few new features while most are enhancement/improvement to current feature. iOS has also been around for a long time in tech years. Touchwiz in general is a fairly young software in comparison to iOS. Given enough time I'm sure this lag issue will be of the past.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I guess that's a major problem here. This isn't new technology and it's supposed to be an improvement over the S3. I had the DNA and it never lagged. This one did and the OP was justified in his opinion that it should not have. Android isn't a new platform and the basic design isn't particularly new. And the lag should have been corrected before release. But it wasn't. I was disappointed with the lag but felt it worth the trouble to address myself. The phone isn't cheap. It should work without glitches and lag. I'm not real sure Samsung and Verizon are going to address this. The phone seems to be selling just fine, so why should they? If the lag is unacceptable and you don't want to play with it - and I don't blame you - try a different one. Grab the DNA, or a Windows phone. I'm pretty happy with the Nokia 928 - it's elegant and smooth.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
"Featureless iPhone".
Could you elaborate on this? For probably 80-90% of smartphone users, the biggest things that they use their phone for is calls, texting, emailing, and web browsing. The iPhone absolutely excels in all of these areas, and does it in a very smooth, simplistic manner. Maybe that is why it is gaining U.S. marketshare, and Android is losing some.

iPhone is a heck of a phone, and while it's not as much fun to play with as Android I'm going to bet that for most people that's just fine.

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I guess that's a major problem here. This isn't new technology and it's supposed to be an improvement over the S3. I had the DNA and it never lagged. This one did and the OP was justified in his opinion that it should not have. Android isn't a new platform and the basic design isn't particularly new. And the lag should have been corrected before release. But it wasn't. I was disappointed with the lag but felt it worth the trouble to address myself. The phone isn't cheap. It should work without glitches and lag. I'm not real sure Samsung and Verizon are going to address this. The phone seems to be selling just fine, so why should they? If the lag is unacceptable and you don't want to play with it - and I don't blame you - try a different one. Grab the DNA, or a Windows phone. I'm pretty happy with the Nokia 928 - it's elegant and smooth.

I also had an DNA. It's an truly amazing and beautiful phone. The only problem was being plagued with the SIM issue. That's part of the reason why I abandoned it. I got the SIM issue within 3 days of getting the phone. I really love sense 4.0 also. Most people complain about sense but I find it rather elegant and beautiful. After I took it to Verizon they switched out the SIM, but that fixed the phone for a week before it acted up again. And I simply said no to the phone and switched out for the S4. I need a phone that is reliable. Plus I will not switch my phone out for a replacement from Asurion. 8 out of 10 phones being replaced by them have issues. I paid for a brand new phone there is no way I was going to switch out for a replacement after just purchasing a brand new one. Despite the lag issue of the S4 it does what I need it to do, which is making a call. In the end, what it comes down to is I need a phone to be a phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I also had an DNA. It's an truly amazing and beautiful phone. The only problem was being plagued with the SIM issue. That's part of the reason why I abandoned it. I got the SIM issue within 3 days of getting the phone. I really love sense 4.0 also. Most people complain about sense but I find it rather elegant and beautiful. After I took it to Verizon they switched out the SIM, but that fixed the phone for a week before it acted up again. And I simply said no to the phone and switched out for the S4. I need a phone that is reliable. Plus I will not switch my phone out for a replacement from Asurion. 8 out of 10 phones being replaced by them have issues. I paid for a brand new phone there is no way I was going to switch out for a replacement after just purchasing a brand new one. Despite the lag issue of the S4 it does what I need it to do, which is making a call. In the end, what it comes down to is I need a phone to be a phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

That was a real issue with the DNA. I got lucky with mine and never had that issue at all. If it wasn't for the storage I would have kept it. But that's definitely a deal breaker when a phone doesn't work as a phone.

And by the way some of these people are responding here about lag, I guess I should call you a liar and tell you the DNA had no issues of the sort because my DNA didn't have the same problem. :D smh

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Strange enough, I've seen many posts on these forums, and also on podcasts that I listen to where people complain about the S4 lag......I don't doubt what these people are experiencing, but I'm happy to say that I have not seen any lags on my S4 at all! I find it very responsive and snappy!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

dustlane

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I had the S4 for a couple of days and I did notice the lag. My wife and soon have the S3 and it does seem snappier. The S4 wasn't horrible but it did have a little stutter from time to time when swiping from screen to screen or scrolling. I now have the HTC One and it is as close to IOS in smoothness as any Android phone I have used.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
That was a real issue with the DNA. I got lucky with mine and never had that issue at all. If it wasn't for the storage I would have kept it. But that's definitely a deal breaker when a phone doesn't work as a phone.

And by the way some of these people are responding here about lag, I guess I should call you a liar and tell you the DNA had no issues of the sort because my DNA didn't have the same problem. :D smh

Your DNA has no problems? You lying dude. You don't know what ur talking about! Lol :D

Edit: Got me thinking...

runyquba.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Last edited:

rockhopperGS3

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
What exactly are these lag issues some people say everyone is having? The few S4's ive seen have had no noticeable issues. Is it multiple apps, not enough ram, or are you talking signal issues? I don't think Ive heard anyone describe there specific situation so it could be a variety of issues causing the "lag". Is this a constant thing or does it come and go? Many of the few complaints about lag issues ive seen on these forums could probably be ascribed to people new to the android os and not familiar with all the different setting and features that can be customized and disabled/removed. I just helped my brother setup his new GS4 as he could no longer stand the old/obsolete feel of his iphone.:-X and was totally unfamiliar with android os.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I got lucky with my DNA, and never had the SIM problem. I gave it to my daughter after she destroyed (yet ANOTHER) phone and it is still working well for her. Plus, like you I liked Sense. And wireless charging - that was sweet. Anyway for me the S4 is an OK phone. I don't know what I was expecting when I got it, but it's OK. Mostly :)

Necrodox

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I got my S4 yesterday and I'm liking it for the most part, unfortunately I do not have an iPhone 5 to compare. I came from a Verizon Wireless iPhone 4 and to me the S4 is a big upgrade but that is considering I am comparing it to almost three year old technology. I think one of the major aspects to this device is customizing it to a degree that suits you. When I first got it I had some trouble navigating (this is my first Android device mind you) but now that I've installed Nova launcher and other necessary applications I'm absolutely loving the upgrade.

I got tired of waiting and if Apple does announce something amazing with its next phone, whether it be the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6, I will consider switching. Only time will tell.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I got my S4 yesterday and I'm liking it for the most part, unfortunately I do not have an iPhone 5 to compare. I came from a Verizon Wireless iPhone 4 and to me the S4 is a big upgrade but that is considering I am comparing it to almost three year old technology. I think one of the major aspects to this device is customizing it to a degree that suits you. When I first got it I had some trouble navigating (this is my first Android device mind you) but now that I've installed Nova launcher and other necessary applications I'm absolutely loving the upgrade.

I got tired of waiting and if Apple does announce something amazing with its next phone, whether it be the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6, I will consider switching. Only time will tell.

This is my exact point.. With iOS you are using thier phone. With Android you make it yours.

Necrodox

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
This is my exact point.. With iOS you are using thier phone. With Android you make it yours.

One thing that is irking me to no end is some of the lag I am experiencing with some apps. It's just the right amount of lag to be annoying and make the device almost feel "cheap". I'm looking for further tweaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty