How do I work this danged lock screen?

WRX13

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember exactly how I handled my S3 lock screen, but it seemed to be easier than this one.

When I have a new text and I want to open it from the lock screen, as I understand it: I cannot swipe it to open the message, I cannot touch it to open the message. Do I really have to touch the message, allow the phone to highlight some obscure white box just below this, then swipe within that obscure white box? That's a lot just to open a damn text message.

Is there a way to disable lock screen previews without disabling notification bar previews? And is there a way to disable having multiple pages of lock screens?

Thanks guys.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I know what your referring to and I also couldn't stand the message preview on the lock screen. The only way I have found was to get ride of the lock screen al together. As far as multiple pages on the lock screen, their is a setting for that, and I believe its in the lock screen settings menu.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember exactly how I handled my S3 lock screen, but it seemed to be easier than this one.

When I have a new text and I want to open it from the lock screen, as I understand it: I cannot swipe it to open the message, I cannot touch it to open the message. Do I really have to touch the message, allow the phone to highlight some obscure white box just below this, then swipe within that obscure white box? That's a lot just to open a damn text message.

Is there a way to disable lock screen previews without disabling notification bar previews? And is there a way to disable having multiple pages of lock screens?

Thanks guys.

Yeah, you do. It's sort of annoying. At risk of sounding like a WP8 geek, WP8 does it nicely. When the "toast" comes up, you touch it and go straight to the text conversation. I keep trying to do that on the S4, but it never works.

On the other hand I like messing around with the S4 lock screen, holding my finger over it and watching the highlight chase it around. I am so easily entertained. :)

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I think you can disable the notification that pops up on the lock screen at the top. It is stupid that you have to view that nonsense when it doesn't do anything useful. One tip is just have your shortcut for Messaging at the bottom and just hold your finger on it and swipe to open. I don't know why it isn't interactive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez