Transfer Messages

droidRama

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this has surprised me on how difficult this seems to be. I had a Galaxy Nexus. I now have an S4. Is there an easy and free way to transfer my text messages from my Nexus to the S4. Everything I have found costs about $30. It pains me to pay this much for an app that I will only use once. I really thought this would be easy to do but have not had any luck searching on Google.

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you look into the Samsung app called Smart Swift for S4 ? You have the (lastest) backup file from the Nexus phone. And its free.

Hope this helps :)
Posted via Android Central App

droidRama

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply I had not heard of Smart Switch. I tried it and it cannot transfer directly from the Nexus. So I tried to use Kies to do a backup of the Nexus hoping I can use the backup to upload to the S4 but Kies also does not work with the Nexus.

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Doesnt Nexus have any backup procedure ? I know nothing about Nexus.....sorry couldnt help here.... :-(

Posted via Android Central App

droidRama

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I finally figured it out. I installed SMS Backup and Restore on both phones and did a backup of my messages on both phones. I then merged the XML files and restored the merged file on the new phone. Thanks again for the help it got me thinking in the right direction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38