Early upgrade question (not NE2)

ylomnstr

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
My account shows that i can purchase a new phone discounted. It's not my new every 2, as I don't get that until May of next year. Here's my question. Currently if I go sign into my account and look at prices, the RAZR which is currently 299 on 2 year contract shows 249 for me. Question is, if I purchase a new phone at one of the Verizon outlet stores, will I still be able to get it at the 249 price? Or will it not show that price on their system? I'm actually looking to buy the nexus tomorrow, and one of the local outlet stores is holding one for me, but if I can save $50, I'd rather buy it elsewhere.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
My account shows that i can purchase a new phone discounted. It's not my new every 2, as I don't get that until May of next year. Here's my question. Currently if I go sign into my account and look at prices, the RAZR which is currently 299 on 2 year contract shows 249 for me. Question is, if I purchase a new phone at one of the Verizon outlet stores, will I still be able to get it at the 249 price? Or will it not show that price on their system? I'm actually looking to buy the nexus tomorrow, and one of the local outlet stores is holding one for me, but if I can save $50, I'd rather buy it elsewhere.

It's way too early for that markdown to be your NE2. You will probably get the current price at the time ($299) and will not be able to use your NE2. It's also possible that you may forfeit the NE2 since I have heard rumors that they will not save those indefinitely. It's possible what you are seeing is a some sort of corporate discount (I get $50 off any LTE phone because of where I work) or some sort of online deal. It's also possible your line has been flaged as eligile for an early upgrade and they are gonna let you use the NE2. I can tell you this when I used my last early upgrade to get the Rezound the NE2 date was Feb 10, 2012 and I did not get the $30 NE2 discount.

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
If you were under a contact before january 16 2011,you should have one last yearly upgrade Verizon used to offer us. I signed a contract back in August of 2010 and in August of this year I had an upgrade available for that account.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
If you were under a contact before january 16 2011,you should have one last yearly upgrade Verizon used to offer us. I signed a contract back in August of 2010 and in August of this year I had an upgrade available for that account.

If you were on a qualifying line (primary on a FSP or an individual line with a plan $59.99 greater).

omahaorange

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got my razr a couple weeks ago under the annual upgrade (primary account with 4 lines). Also got $50 off (so $249) because of the corporate discount becuase of my employer. The only thing extra will be the early upgrade fee ($20, I think).

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I was having issues with my incredible. Loved that phone. Got a replacement and it was defective out the box. My upgrade was March this year. August 2011 they offered me an early upgrade and would forfeit the rebate. I elected to early upgrade and got the thunderbolt at 249.00 and they reversed the 20.00 early upgrade fee

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Just got my razr a couple weeks ago under the annual upgrade (primary account with 4 lines). Also got $50 off (so $249) because of the corporate discount becuase of my employer. The only thing extra will be the early upgrade fee ($20, I think).

Yep, and occasionally you can get that credited, but there generally has to be some kind of extrenting circumstances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez