Lied to about unlimited data

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, I eventually filed a complaint with the office of the IL attorney general. They contacted verizon who contacted me. The AG office also advised me to consider any reasonable offer. Verizon offered me a chance to change his data limit to the 5Gb level and to do so in a way that actually reduced my monthly bill from what it was with unlimited. I took it. I know some of you will say that I should have held out but this worked for my situation and is an OK for solution for me. YMMV. I found it interesting how quickly they contacted me after they had stopped communicating with me after I got the AG involved. They also said the situation where the salesperson lied to me will become an HR matter. I also got my daughter's upgrade date moved up which was something I needed to have happen so I could get her a new phone for Christmas while she's home from school...a convenience thing but helpful to me.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Consider yourself lucky. No offense but you should have immediately checked your bill online and your plan to see what changes were made after your wife went to get the phone. If you caught it soon a simple phone call and they would have reversed it all.

Glad you got a resolution. 5 gig should be okay.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The store won't remedy anything. They only care about their own metrics. Get somebody over the phone, and have them look into it with a supervisor, meaning the stuff about your account. And also request to submit a complaint against the store manager. Their regional people will look into it. Don't hesitate. Verizon stores have become like Starbucks. The managers absolutely will not do anything, and the rest are sales drones.

This statement makes me laugh so hard. Managers fix these things all the time. It happened in their store, and they don't want it to keep happening because the returns and credits giving to remedy completely destroys their commission checks. It's pretty obvious you have no idea how the in store process works. You don't think return sales and credits affect a sales rep commission check? If you knew how it worked you probably would think twice about throwing a statement out like you just did. Are they crappy managers and sales reps? Yes. But do returns affect them? Yes. There is also a second element that a lot of people forget, their are two types of employees minus the manager's, sales reps and customer service reps. You may have gotten a customer service rep, who may have been less educated on such a thing.

It also pisses me off that employee do things like, and don't know there stuff. And then the rest of the company looks bad because of it. Another question is was this done in an indirect store or Corporate store? Because the Corporate locations actually make you read and sign something going over any changes during the sales process.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm also waiting for DM level support at this point, regarding a retail corporate store manager. It's some unwritten policy about returns/exchanges from DM down to local area specific stores. Something about they're getting too many returns basically, so they're not meeting certain numbers. Bunch of BS, and somehow now the stores think they can override corporate policy available to the mass consumer market.

Are you dealing with a Corporate or indirect store? Because you have 14 days to return anything with a restocking fee on some items. Not really a way around that and don't know why you would have to deal with a DM at that point.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, I went to the Verizon store expecting the worse. I explained the situation to the manager and within 5 minutes I had unlimited data on all four phones - no hassles.

Here we go. Every company you will have people that are not ethical. You should be naming the store you went to and the company as a whole. Or the people you are dealing with. I have seen many things that people complain about here daily reversed because of employee error.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Also not to be a..jerk, and I'm not trying to be, but it's been all over these threads and it feels like all over the internet that the only way to retain an unlimited plan on Verizon is to buy the replacement phones full retail, an "upgrade" is not full retail.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Also not to be a..jerk, and I'm not trying to be, but it's been all over these threads and it feels like all over the internet that the only way to retain an unlimited plan on Verizon is to buy the replacement phones full retail, an "upgrade" is not full retail.

This. I will also note that buying someones account with unlimited data, by doing a change of liability will also make you lose unlimited data.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Doing a transfer of liability will not make you lose the unlimited data as I have recently done it on two separate lines and I retained the unlimited plan. On AT&T it will make you lose the grandfathered plan but not with Verizon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch