Why Verizon?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
A lot of discount programs depend on the number of subscribers in a given group. I was in a plan once that had the discount reduced because the number of subscribers dropped below a certain threshold. Even if you work for a large company, my bet is there isn't enough subscribers taking advantage of the discount.

You may want to look at any organizations you belong to, as they may offer Verizon discount plans too.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Everyone seems to have a great discount. :-( my company only has a 5% discount. Wondering if i use someone elses email address to confirm if that would work?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

That's fraud. You have to prove employment as well for corporate discount.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Big Red has been good to me for over 9 years now, and though I pay more, it's worth it. I don't travel a lot, but I have family all over the country, and when I need to talk to them, I need to be able to rely on the network to hold my cal. my free time is very limited, so when I call someone while driving to work, I can't afford dropped calls. also, customer service has been awesome, contrary to popular belief. tech support, and even the dweebs in the local verizon store are usually very helpful, and for the most part, knowledgeable.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I was wit att and vzw and the only thing I can say vzw got that I like is the phone selection

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
'

So you are saying ATT had better coverage or?

Speeds aren't the fastest (AT&T actually has that but they don't have nearly as much 4G cpvrrage).
Actually Verizon's LTE speeds are faster than AT&T.
I recently got off vz and their deathgrip contract and got a Nexus 4 and couldn't be happier. Yes, they have great coverage and speed, but it wasn't worth it to me. I went to straight talk att and its not so bad in my area...I average about 3mbps down. It's all about saving money and I actually cut my bill by over half. $95 to $45 a month is huge. Plus no contract.

This makes sense for you. If you are looking to save money than something like straight talk may be an option. If you wan the best speeds, biggest and fastest growing LTE network and most coverage Verizon is it hands down. But I can guarantee your coverage isn't as good on Straight Talk, and your speeds aren't even close. I have pulled 29mbps at peak times on occasion with Verizon.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Been with Verizon when it was AirTouch. However I stay with them since they have the best coverage, LTE and I have unlimited data.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Again, being with Air touch doesn't mean you were with Verizon. It's means you were with a company that merged with Bell Atlantic that turned into Verizon.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
You still can't talk and surf though. And my friend who uses his phone as a gps unit always gets the gps knocked off whenever a call comes in, frustrates him to no end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
Only on the iPhone 5. Every other 4G phone you can talk and surf.
From what I read the tech Verizon uses is different than att's not allowing for simultaneous surfing/talking.

Verizon vs AT&T vs Sprint: Which to Choose For iPhone

This only refers to the iPhone5
My question is WHY can't the iPhone talk and surf while android can.

Because Apple failed to put in the proper hardware to support this.
Just another feature the iphone should have had but isn't there so they can charge you more later on when they add things that should have been there already.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
Quoted for truth lol.

Next question; why is Verizon land line service so poor? They lways rank high on the wireless side but my parents have had nothing but problems with the land line side of Verizon.

Not idea, but these forums are for the Wireless side.
Everyone seems to have a great discount. :-( my company only has a 5% discount. Wondering if i use someone elses email address to confirm if that would work?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

A lot of discount programs depend on the number of subscribers in a given group. I was in a plan once that had the discount reduced because the number of subscribers dropped below a certain threshold. Even if you work for a large company, my bet is there isn't enough subscribers taking advantage of the discount.

You may want to look at any organizations you belong to, as they may offer Verizon discount plans too.
The discount amount has to do with many things, company size, number of lines on the account and contract the company signed. Number of lines on the account I think is the biggest factor. And I am talking number of lines on the actually companies account.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
'

So you are saying ATT had better coverage or?

Actually Verizon's LTE speeds are faster than AT&T.

Actually AT&T does have the fastest lte(I've seen att lte do about 60mb)

This makes sense for you. If you are looking to save money than something like straight talk may be an option. If you wan the best speeds, biggest and fastest growing LTE network and most coverage Verizon is it hands down. But I can guarantee your coverage isn't as good on Straight Talk, and your speeds aren't even close. I have pulled 29mbps at peak times on occasion with Verizon.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
My personal experience with Verizon has been flawless. Their customer service is second to none, every and any issue that has come up was immediately resolved by them, which makes me glad I decided on my HTC DROID DNA from them. This will be my provider for some time to come. Thanks Verizon. A very satisfied customer.

Sent from my Jelly Bean flavored HTC DROID DNA

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
For me, it's Verizon because they provide the best coverage where I live/work and travel, all with fast LTE speeds (see below)! :)

From the Speed Test app this morning:
391637983.png

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I think technically Verizon land lines fall under a different entity within Verizon. Verizon Wireless works independently.

It probably has to do with the archaic technology that has only had minor upgrades for years. And Verizon isn't the only poor landline service provider.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
For me, it's Verizon because they provide the best coverage where I live/work and travel, all with fast LTE speeds (see below)! :)

From the Speed Test app this morning:
View attachment 62943

I recently went on a couple roads trips; one between Birmingham, AL and Detroit, MI, the other between Birmingham, AL and St. Pete, FL. The first was primarily all Interstate travel where I had LTE coverage pretty much the entire time (expected). But the second I was very pleasantly surprised as I had LTE at least 90% the entire time including many areas away from any Interstates such as in SE Alabama and the west coast of Florida between St. Pete and Tallahassee. I just wasn't expecting that amount of LTE coverage away from major roads. It was awesome though and made me appreciate Verizon! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non