Fixing to use upgrade on amazon?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am fixing to use an upgrade on a phone from amazon. My questions are:

1. It will be an upgrade on a different line then what I will use it on. Will this matter or make any difference in the process? Can I just pop the sim card in it and go?

2. Will there be the $30 upgrade fee that you get in a Verizon store?

3. It will be a smartphone on a dumb phone line. Will I have to temporarily change my plan for this?

First time doing this so any advice is appreciated.

O and this is on Verizon incase anyone does not see the section.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

billbobaggins

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
If you switch your phone to a different line then Amazon can and will possibly charge you an ETF fee.
They require you to keep the phone on the line it was purchased under for a min of 180 days.
Some people have not had problems and some have.
Yes Verizon will charge you the $30 upgrade fee.
If you do decide to do this you will temporarly have to add the $30 internet fee to your dumb phone line.
I reccomend going to Best Buy, they will match the price from Amazon and they don't have a problem with switching the phone from one line to another.
I hope this helps.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
If you switch your phone to a different line then Amazon can and will possibly charge you an ETF fee.
They require you to keep the phone on the line it was purchased under for a min of 180 days.
Some people have not had problems and some have.
Yes Verizon will charge you the $30 upgrade fee.
If you do decide to do this you will temporarly have to add the $30 internet fee to your dumb phone line.
I reccomend going to Best Buy, they will match the price from Amazon and they don't have a problem with switching the phone from one line to another.
I hope this helps.

I just read the faq, and yes they require the use of the phone on that line for 181 days or have to pay fees "up to $400." Well thats annoying. I guess i will check into best buy now...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T