Unlimited 3g iPhone4 needs upgrading

Rob_B

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife's iphone4 which has grandfathered unlimited 3g data needs replacing. She won't consider an android phone because she likes ios. If I bite the bullet and pay retail price for an iphone5 which is 4g phone how does Verizon handle the 3g unlimited plan using a 4g phone? We share the current plan & both lines have unlimited data. Not worth thinking about a new (old technology) iPhone4s as a replacement phone unless it's the only route to keep unlimited data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife's iphone4 which has grandfathered unlimited 3g data needs replacing. She won't consider an android phone because she likes ios. If I bite the bullet and pay retail price for an iphone5 which is 4g phone how does Verizon handle the 3g unlimited plan using a 4g phone? We share the current plan & both lines have unlimited data. Not worth thinking about a new (old technology) iPhone4s as a replacement phone unless it's the only route to keep unlimited data.

They should be able to transfer the unlimited data no problem as long as you DON'T use the upgrade. buy full price and you should be good to go

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

I don't think you lose unlimited and the 4S is ansanly smooth and fast and has all the features of the soft ware features of the iPhone 5(besides taking pictures while recording)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you lose unlimited and the 4S is ansanly smooth and fast and has all the features of the soft ware features of the iPhone 5(besides taking pictures while recording)

Depends on your needs, the 5 has a larger screen and 4glte and is lighter.

The 4 and 4s do not have 4GLTE, which means that they can be network optimized (throttled). As the 5 is a 4GLTE device, Verizon does not throttle 4GLTE devices, regardless of network used.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Depends on your needs, the 5 has a larger screen and 4glte and is lighter.

The 4 and 4s do not have 4GLTE, which means that they can be network optimized (throttled). As the 5 is a 4GLTE device, Verizon does not throttle 4GLTE devices, regardless of network used.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Yeah if money isn't a problem definitely go 5 huge upgrade from the 4 and the 4s