Don't buy a phone with a Verizon rebate attached!!!!!

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Seems their system is set up to make you jump through enough hoops that you'll forget or give up. I have sent in two different rebates now that were meticulously printed, carefully including everything that was required. Both times, my rebate "failed audit" due to address issues. Both times, I was told that the address on the rebate didn't match the billing address. The kicker being that it did. Then suddenly, Verizon is oh-so-sorry, we have to send this along to corporate to verify, you'll get a call from someone else, it'll take an extra 15 days, etc. Along the way, I have to make more calls, etc. The only difference being that NOW, you can't even call, you can only e-chat, making it even less convenient as you have to sit at your computer to try to jump through the hoops.

Bottom line? Don't buy a phone with a rebate if you ever hope to see the rebate again.

Thanks for the rip-off, Verizon. I hope people really reconsider buying equipment from you.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've only had one rebate that I was promised be refused and that was for my mother in-laws phone that I bought her for her birthday this year. When I called customer service about it the agent simply offered to apply the 50.00 as a credit to my bill.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had an issue with my rebates. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but sounds like yours was a weird fluke. I will say I'm not a fan of rebates in general, and I'd rather just have the discount happen at the point of sale.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I bought my s4 from Wal-Mart. Verizon wanted $249 with a $50 rebate. Wal-Mart was $168 and they gave me a $50 gift card. See what happens when you don't pay Verizon reps commission.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought my s4 from Wal-Mart. Verizon wanted $249 with a $50 rebate. Wal-Mart was $168 and they gave me a $50 gift card. See what happens when you don't pay Verizon reps commission.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Third party is usually cheaper, even more so when you wait for deals like the note 2 was $50 earlier this year, and the dna was a $50 money maker.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II