Verizon: When does ETF hit?

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I just canceled my Verizon contract last week. Does anyone know how long after the termination of service ETF hits?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: When does ETF hit?

Typically with 30 days, it can be on a second statement after your final bill for service charges.

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
The customer service was great when I was switching over. But a few hours after the switch, I went back to the store asking if I can get another HTC One, because the power button feels like it is indented. The same sales guy was very impatient and told me all T-Mobile Ones are like that. Whatever, then when it comes to the phone, it has been very buggy. Granted, that's more of a phone's fault than T-Mobile's, but still. My old Verizon One had no problems. The phone would randomly restart, and after it does, I cannot turn the screen off until I manually restart the phone. Then there's the (lack of) service. Don't even get me started.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think that you should be able to port back to Verizon of desired right now , and no etf, but you should call and check.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to switch back. I think with all US carriers, it's just choosing which sh** stinks the least. Verizon charges too much money.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to switch back. I think with all US carriers, it's just choosing which sh** stinks the least. Verizon charges too much money.

It really depends on the plan, the Verizon $60 loyalty plan with unlimited talk and text and 2gb data is cheaper than the closest tmobile plan over 2 years.

To each his own, but I wouldn't stick with a carrier that doesn't have good service where I need it just to save a few bucks.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I'll see if I can switch back to Verizon. Should I go to a store or can I call for the switching? I know for the loyalty plan I should call. Or should I wait until the ETF hits pay it off, get the refund from T-Mobile, and then port my number back to Verizon?

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I just talked to Verizon and they said there's a 30 day grace period, so if I switch back in the next three weeks I will not get an ETF. Definitely switching back and then calling about the $60 loyalty plan.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is a perfect example of check before you jump carriers... Not jump blindly into something :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to switch back Friday or Saturday. My worst nightmare is Verizon won't give me the loyalty deal after I switch. Which would be very very bad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty