Am I able to add a phone onto my account from Verizon if the phone given to me still has money owed on it?

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Adding a Verizon Smart Phone

Hi;

I have a coworker who has a Samsung Note 4 phone. I have the Galaxy 4 and like his larger screen. Anyways, His verizon bill got too high, so he switched to Straight Talk. He has offered to sell me his note4 since he cant use it anymore. I am pretty much sure that he owes a bill to verizon. If I buy his Note 4, would I be able to register it to my verizon account without having to pay his bill first?

Thanks for any advice.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Adding a Verizon Smart Phone

Note 4? It hasn't been released yet here in the USA. Perhaps you mean the Note 3? Yeah you can activate any Verizon LTE phone on your account. Just make sure your coworker has deactivated the phone from his account. Also get the ESN number and call Verizon to see it the ESN is clear and is OK to activate on your account.

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I would be careful. If he owes Verizon money they will blacklist whatever phone is attached to the number and it's as dead as if it were on the lost/stolen list.

You could have him swap phones to another phone before he stops paying to avoid this but if it's shut off for non payment already, I think your screwed.

If you want to check you can call Verizon and give them the esn/meid to check. Make sure you have them check both lists, lost/stolen AND delinquent payment. I was burned in the past by not specifically asking to check both. I only asked about the former and not the latter. When I got home, I tried to activate and got an error and it took Verizon an hour to tell me that I was screwed.

To be safe I would activate it in store before you pay him just to be sure.

Best of luck.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Adding a Verizon Smart Phone

You can use a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on straight talk, though if he has one now then he must be a tester for verizon or something so it would be odd that he would be moving to straight talk.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana