Texting Issues?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone else having issues sending and receiving texts? I've seen issues on both Android and iOS phones so it doesn't seem to be phone dependent. I've also tried using VZW messaging app and third part apps as well, though I've always use the stock app. It also doesn't seem to matter what service the other party has too. I live about an hour or so from Chicago if that helps. Thanks for reporting.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues around you? I would check with Verizon as it may be a tower issue within your area.

A good test would be try the VZW messaging app on a wifi connection... if it works there and not mobile data you know it is most likely a tower issue.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyone else having issues sending and receiving texts? I've seen issues on both Android and iOS phones so it doesn't seem to be phone dependent. I've also tried using VZW messaging app and third part apps as well, though I've always use the stock app. It also doesn't seem to matter what service the other party has too. I live about an hour or so from Chicago if that helps. Thanks for reporting.

Issues - anything specific you have in mind.

I have not had an issue today. Over the last week or so at various times the texts seemed to be on the slow boat to somewhere - unusual time gap between sent and received. Especially when to or from Android to an iPhone. Could have been a lot of things and not occurring regular enough to raise my stress level.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Issues - anything specific you have in mind.

The texts will not simply send. Used to be once every couple of months it would happen which is not a big deal at all. But now it's happening multiple times a day. After sending the text, the phone will notify me that the text was not sent. This has been on my '14 Moto X, wife's G3, and my son's Droid 4. This is even happening on iPhone's that are sending and receiving to non-iPhones. I just wanted to see if it's wide spread problem or not. If it doesn't clear up in a day or 2, I'll try to call VZW about it but I'm not expecting anything to be done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress