Slow data in downtown Brooklyn norm?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
72471688cabedecd2514eb54d3d1b278.jpg

I was expecting faster speeds and since Verizon is cheaper for 10gb chose then over AT&T. Should I be expecting this or just because it is 1:30?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hard to say without knowing the specifics. If you are on a heavily loaded tower on 700MHz then that isn't bad. I have seen speeds well under 1mbps in this scenario

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Did a 2nd one and was 40 down and 20 up which is good. Surprisingly I barely get service in my house but I have a signal all through my house. I know sprint and AT&T gets me around 2-3 bars lol. It's still service and not complaining since this is better then t mobile

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure my issues with speed is based in my phone is defective . standing in middle of a street and no service so just going to get this exchanged probably for a note 4 or iPhone 6 plus

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure my issues with speed is based in my phone is defective . standing in middle of a street and no service so just going to get this exchanged probably for a note 4 or iPhone 6 plus
I would look to make sure that you are in the coverage area. I would guess so, but it doesn't hurt to check. Also call Verizon to troubleshoot. It could be a bad sim and if so switching phones using the same sim might result in the same problem.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I would look to make sure that you are in the coverage area. I would guess so, but it doesn't hurt to check. Also call Verizon to troubleshoot. It could be a bad sim and if so switching phones using the same sim might result in the same problem.

Well I'm going to try a new phone anyways since I want a note 4 so if this doesn't solve anything I'll go talk to Verizon

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm going to try a new phone anyways since I want a note 4 so if this doesn't solve anything I'll go talk to Verizon
I would still recommend that you try to resolve the issue with the phone first. So you can avoid the restocking fee. Also keep in mind that you are permitted one exchange. So once you get the Note 4, you won't be able to go back to the turbo or get a nexus 6 or whatever.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I would still recommend that you try to resolve the issue with the phone first. So you can avoid the restocking fee. Also keep in mind that you are permitted one exchange. So once you get the Note 4, you won't be able to go back to the turbo or get a nexus 6 or whatever.

I'm fine with that and bestbuy didn't charge me a restocking fee. I was going to buy the nexus 6 should I want it off Google play anyways. Bestbuy was offering $150 bestbuy gift card and that gamer unlocked which is basically 20% all new video games and is $120 for 2 years which I got for free which is why I didn't want to wait for the mythical Verizon nexus 6