Buying online from Verizon

bcd1

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple questions about getting a Droid online from verizon versus in the store.

If I get it online and it has any problems, can I return it to a store or do I have to mail it to them?

Is there any benefits (other than the instant rebate) to buying online?

If I buy online, can I still use my current phone until it arrives?

Is there anything else (pros or cons) to buying online versus in the store?

Thanks!

R

Roy Aguilera

I have a couple questions about getting a Droid online from verizon versus in the store.

If I get it online and it has any problems, can I return it to a store or do I have to mail it to them? Yes.

Is there any benefits (other than the instant rebate) to buying online? Nope

If I buy online, can I still use my current phone until it arrives? Yes

Is there anything else (pros or cons) to buying online versus in the store? Better pricing is about it.

Thanks!

No problem.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I bought mine on line from verizon. Yes, if you have any issues at all, you can return it to an actual verizon store. You do get free overnight shipping, and it doesn't take long at all to get there. You would still use your old phone until you actually received and activated your new phone. Overall, I had a really easy and good experience buying mine online through the website.

CPatt44

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
You won't get the same customer service if you buy online vs in a store. Also remember most employees work on commission and will not help you to the full potential if you get the phone online. They get nothing for customer service issues.

How do I know this. I have a friend that works for VZW and this is what she tells me.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
My local Verizon store has always provided outstanding service, whether I bought my phone online, or in person.

On a side note, my friend just bought his Droid from Amazon Wireless for $99, with a new contract, so there's another option for people.