Verizon now only allows 2-year contract subsidies on more everything plans. NOT nationwide.

JoshGlzBrk

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Attempting to pre-order an iPhone (or order any phone for that matter).

This essentially cuts off the transfer-upgrade method of keeping your unlimited data plan while still getting a contract priced phone. As well as cutting off people with tiered data plans on the nationwide plans from getting new phones under that pricing option.

Nationwide Account:

J1m2I2M.png

More Everything Account:

7NACc5Q.png

Verizon Chat Log:

khMpl0e.png

GYxcyX3.png

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wonder when the change occurred. I ordered the note 5 on contract

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

D4rkShaDoWz

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The VZW chat rep told me it was just an "error" that needed to be fixed. I guess it's for all phones as well?

But we can still do upgrades at AR correct? So now you'd just need to do it in person as opposed to doing it online.

mbkintner

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
The VZW chat rep told me it was just an "error" that needed to be fixed. I guess it's for all phones as well?

But we can still do upgrades at AR correct? So now you'd just need to do it in person as opposed to doing it online.
Doing an upgrade transfer in person is almost a guaranteed way to lose your UDP.

D4rkShaDoWz

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Really? I know someone at the Target mobile department who said they would do it for me, but if something is going to pop up in the computer there's no chance I'm doing it

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Really? I know someone at the Target mobile department who said they would do it for me, but if something is going to pop up in the computer there's no chance I'm doing it
They can do it in person... If you get the right rep. But very easy to lose unlimited data that way

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Now, my mom is getting a Iphone later this year, but what I figured I'd do was when I see a Note 4 on sale, get that on her line, then can I transfer it to me, and then, as I probably will cause it'll be cheaper, buy her a older IPhone on swappa, or whatever.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
It was an error in the system. I noticed the same thing. But its working it now.

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T