Any international phone compatible on Verizon?

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Please bear with me as I know next to nothing about phones. I know VZW is on CDMA while the rest of the world is on something else, but with the new smartphones and how every phone has to have a SIM card and everything, are any international smartphones compatible with VZW? I am mainly interested in Huawei phones.

On a separate note, are Verizon Samsung phones (S6 and later) compatible with international SIM cards while traveling abroad?

Is there any solution to having a smartphone compatible with most international SIMs? Or do I just have to ditch Verizon?

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
All verizon 4G LTE phones come factory unlocked (you can insert international GSM simcards)

However no international phones will work with VZW.

These phones are global and pre-approved for verizon

The Motorola nexus 6
The Huawei nexus 6P
The lg nexus 5x
The motorola moto x pure style

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Are there any caveats to all 4G LTE VZW phones being compatible internationally? Are data speeds limited on VZW phones internationally vs. international GSM phones?

And if all VZW 4G LTE phones are internationally compatible, does that mean they're both CDMA and GSM?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
All verizon 4G LTE phones come factory unlocked (you can insert international GSM simcards)

The Motorola nexus 6
The Huawei nexus 6P
The lg nexus 5x

I don't think the Moto X Style has CDMA enabled.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The Motorola nexus 6
The Huawei nexus 6P
The lg nexus 5x
First of all not all Verizon 4GLTE phones come factory sim unlocked. For example, my s3 was unlocked by a software update. My moto e 2nd gen (2015) was factory sim unlocked, BUT gsm mode was blocked and I had to use adb to enable gsm mode. There are also Verizon 4GLTE smartphones that don't contain other gsm radios

You would need to check the individual variant. For example on the 6p,there is a North American version that is compatible with Verizon and an international model that is not. For verizon the key is band 13 lte

uploadfromtaptalk1446352185191.jpg

Similarly the mxpe works on Verizon but the Moto X Style doesn't

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Please bear with me as I know next to nothing about phones. I know VZW is on CDMA while the rest of the world is on something else, but with the new smartphones and how every phone has to have a SIM card and everything, are any international smartphones compatible with VZW? I am mainly interested in Huawei phones.

On a separate note, are Verizon Samsung phones (S6 and later) compatible with international SIM cards while traveling abroad?

Is there any solution to having a smartphone compatible with most international SIMs? Or do I just have to ditch Verizon?

The only Huawei phone compatible with Verizon is the north American 6p. The international 6p isn't compatible.

The Verizon Samsung s6 and Note 5 are compatible with international sims but to a limited extent. 2g and 3g should work but 4GLTE won't.

The a1633 and a1634 is fully compatible with all networks both foreign and domestic.

The a1687 and a1688 are missing lte band 30 which is att tertiary lte.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What does this mean? And what does this mean to me as an user?
It means that the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy Note 5 might not have all the requisite radios for your specific carrier. Which means that you might not get the fastest speeds. And usually mms doesn't work on other carriers

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana