Buying new phone on udp

NJD_fan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have a grandfathered UDP with 450 minutes & unlimited texting. Bought my last few phones outright but want to upgrade to the Pixel 2 XL

Been looking at a few sites that sell it for around $300 - $400 but also Best Buy as they have the cheapest monthly device payments

If I do device payments, will I also have to change my plan?

Love the unlimited, but wouldn't mind a minutes upgrade. I also have 18% off my bill through work which the new plan wouldn't be available, but last I went I was told on their new udp I would be paying around the same amount

I have wifi at home and work which I use so I can't see myself going even close. Most I've used from commuting was 15gb or so but could curb that by downloading on wifi for when it's not available

Project Fi is something to consider, as is saving $40 a month

NJD_fan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
What I thought, but there are more options now and I would attempt to cut my bill by having a data limit

Funny thing is Google has the Pixel at $849 or $35.38 a month, Verizon $849.99 or @22.91 a month, Best buy $849.99 or $18.74 a month. All are 24mo plans

Best Buy has an instant credit but even with having to change my plan it sounds like a good deal

NJD_fan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My monthly bill is currently $85 with unlimited data, text & 450 minutes

Would love to keep, unless there was a better option that would lower it. Project Fi is interesting for only being billed for what I use, but still has a ways to go

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The other option is Comcast/XFinity Mobile with free unlimited voice + unlimited sms and the first 100MB of data is free. Otherwise you can pay $12 per GB or $45 unlimited data before taxes and fees and still be using Verizon Wireless service.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My monthly bill is currently $85 with unlimited data, text & 450 minutes

Would love to keep, unless there was a better option that would lower it. Project Fi is interesting for only being billed for what I use, but still has a ways to go

Yeah but what plan is that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non