I just bought it, and so far I like it. I preiously had a chinese aPad that had access to the marketplace. I have yet to figure out how to access it from my new gTablet. There are some specific apps I want from the marketplace. I would LOVE my new toy if I can figure out how to get the apps I want

DON
    05-02-2011 01:41 PM
    Give you tab some Vegan 5.1.1 love.
    05-02-2011 07:58 PM
    Do some searching on XDA forums. There are options that let you keep the stock software, or you can go with something else.
    05-03-2011 03:16 PM
    Howdy folks!

I recently acquired Viewsonic gTablet - love the power, hate the isolation from the App Store.

Wife has Samsung Continuum on Verizon

Long-time PalmOS and webOS user - love the Pre Plus (VZW) - getting used to android
    05-09-2011 09:41 AM
    The easiest way to gain access to the Market - and improve the overall performance of your tablet - is to ditch the Tap-n-Tap user interface and install one of the many custom "ROM's" out there.

IOW, you're basically jailbreaking or hacking your tablet and installing a different "OS". Most of these not only give you full Market access, but also enable Flash and other useful functionalities.

I got my G Tablet Saturday and flashed the ROM to TNT Lite yesterday. It requires a little research and installation of some "helper" software, but anyone with medium tech ability can do it. Just google "install TNT Lite on G tablet" and you'll find guides and even YouTube videos that walk you through it.

05-09-2011 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD