Mouse for HTC EVO V 4G

gpconnolly

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the HTC EVO V 4G and would like to know if anyone has found a way to use a wired USB mouse with it? I can use a Bluetooth keyboard with it just fine, but I don't have a Bluetooth mouse to try and when I plug in a wired mouse nothing happens. The wired mouse doesn't light up at all, so no power is available through the USB plug. Has anyone been successful in using either a Bluetooth mouse or USB mouse on this phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the HTC EVO V 4G and would like to know if anyone has found a way to use a wired USB mouse with it? I can use a Bluetooth keyboard with it just fine, but I don't have a Bluetooth mouse to try and when I plug in a wired mouse nothing happens. The wired mouse doesn't light up at all, so no power is available through the USB plug. Has anyone been successful in using either a Bluetooth mouse or USB mouse on this phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need a powered USB otg cable.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, why would you use a mouse

I guess I could understand Bluetooth and displaying on a big screen, but if you're using USB for a mouse I would think that negates the big screen

Just curious

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

gpconnolly

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I would just like to play around with a mouse and see if I like it or not. My son has an Android phone and when he plugs in a mouse it immediately is recognized and can be used, but not with my phone. Yes, you can plug in many different devices, including even memory sticks, by using a USB to Micro USB adapter, available on Amazon dirt cheap. The adapter is just a short pig-tail item called USB OTG, which means on-the-go, and if the phone or tablet has the software to support it, many devices can be plugged in that way. I have even seen game controllers plugged in and working just fine on other Android phones, but it seems like HTC did not include whatever software is needed to support a wired mouse on the EVO V 4G and I was wondering if anyone had come up with a way to make it work without a lot of hassle. Maybe with a software download, and I was hoping someone here had done it and could tell me how. I was surprised when my son showed me he only had to use the USB OTG adapter, which is not powered externally at all, and the mouse cursor pops right up on the screen. But as I say, not with my EVO V 4G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez