Navigation disappeared on it's own!!!!! What do to?

yuppicide

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I mentioned in this post that my ringtone keeps disappearing and settings/achievements for one game only. You don't have to read it, I'm just posting it here in case you need to. Short story is custom ringtone keeps disappearing every so often.. maybe 3 or 4 times now.. even one mp3 I had put on my phone disappeared. The one game was working fine for awhile, but out of nowhere it lost my settings/achievements and more recently it lost them like 2 times in 3 days. I stopped playing the game completely because of that.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/vi...one-else-have-ringtone-keep-disappearing.html

Well, this morning Navigation disappeared! What do I do to get it back? I was driving to work, but I wanted to check how much farther I had to drive since I was low on gas, but running late for work. I had to make a decision if I should stop for gas or skip it until later. Navigation icon was missing from desktop, which is usually fine maybe I did it with a swipe by accident.

Opened All Apps.. it's not there either! What do I do? When I go to the Play Store I can't find it.. this is the one that came built into Android.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
^^ this^^
There are also a number of places online to download the previous version of maps, so you can get the old Navigation back. I always manually update my apps, and this is a prime example of why.

tap'n

yuppicide

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Yeah, I manually update my stuff too, but never read what it does. I just do it.

Eitherway, though, I'm almost ready for a new phone once I find a better powered one at Virgin Mobile. My latest issue is I've always had the screen set to go off in 10 minutes. This way if I am reading a recipe in the kitchen or something I am safe. Recently, though, sometimes it's shutting off 10 seconds later. I tried setting it to say 1 minutes and then back to 10 minutes to see if that fixed the problem. No luck.