v6 Supercharger kernel implementation

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I'm pretty well versed in both rom developement and the v6 tweak at this point. I've got no problems unpacking and repacking a kernel, but I'm trying to implement the v6 supercharger script into our next release of AreaRomQ preflash. Obviously I have to edit the init.rc, I've got that covered. I'm trying to figure out what else needs to be implemented into the rom to make this work. At the moment here's the situation we have. Adobe Flash doesn't work without the ro.secure value being set to 0 (root). We've got a workaround via edited lib files and an init.d tweak. We had to do this because setting that value to 0 kills adb shell access on the Q... not really sure why. So at the moment we have a ro.secure value of 1 and flash works flawlessly. Now the issue is if you implement v6 post flash you get init.d tweaks. In doing so, it kills flash. Because the flash tweak doesn't initialize properly at this point. So, I'm trying to implement v6 preflash and use the init.rc for the purpose of implementing v6. I'm just not positive all of the prequisites I'm going to need in the rom to make this happen. I can't really get in touch with any other devs this morning to talk to them about it. So... I ask androidcentral.. plz help me :) lol.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I haven't used super charger so let me ask, is it a series of mods and scripts that are accessed via terminal?

Help me better understand what it is. I'm just assuming its script mods because of mentioning init

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used super charger so let me ask, is it a series of mods and scripts that are accessed via terminal?

Help me better understand what it is. I'm just assuming its script mods because of mentioning init

its a memory free manager script. i think ive got it ffigured out. ive decided to opt out of editing the init.rc in favor of implementing a local.init.rc tweak to call on the scripts. basically at this point i just need to make sure my updater-script is correct. ive done all of the editing. its going to push a script into /data but im new to the specific context of updater-scripts really. the kernel is calling on the init.local.rc file from /etc to use rather than actually editing the init.rc preflash. right now ive put the needed .sh into /data and added the new modified build.prop. im left with getting the /data package to extract right and set the permissions on it. here's what im looking at in the updater...

mount("MTD", "userdata", "/data");
package_extract_dir("data", "/data");
set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0644, "/data/app");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
package_extract_file("99SuperCharger", "/data");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/data/99SuperCharger.sh");
ui_print("Symlinking System Files, please wait...");

Edit: finally gave in and just tested it... everything worked beautifully v6 is working with arearomq v1.3 that updater-script worked. users can expect arq v1.3 by saturday to the public :) thanks for taking a look at this ksmithny

Last edited: