Need LG Optimus Q help!

gibsondawg

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I'll try to make a long story short but I'm giving this background info in case it may help you help me... so bear with me. I flashed AreaRomQ. It worked great. I loved it. I ran into a problem while trying to get my girlfriend a new phone, Straight Talk put MY number on her new Samsung Proclaim. After 6 calls to customer service and a few emails, I'm STILL battling this problem. My number is back on my phone, her number is back on her phone but neither phone will activate. Her phone will TRY to activate when you dial *22890 but fails every time. Mine treats the activation code like it's another phone number and says I dialed an incorrect code. When I dial any number, it doesn't even give a Straight Talk message or send you to customer service. It just says my account could not be validated. I thought if I could get the option to update my profile back, it would help. AreaRomQ doesn't have this as you know, so I flashed Hydro. I must have done something wrong because Hydro was missing some key apps like Android Market/Google Play Store and Terminal Emulator. So I figured I'd start from scratch. I did a factory wipe from the security menu. It rebooted into custom recovery. Nothing will get it out of this and it is what I need advice on. If you reboot it shows the LG logo and goes back to recovery. If you flash any rom, it shows the LG logo and goes back to recovery. If you do a factory wipe from the recovery, it does the same thing. Do I use KDZ to flash? If so, how do I get into emergency mode? Where can I get the stock software to flash with KDZ? I've googled for hours and can not find a conclusive solution. Help!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll try to make a long story short but I'm giving this background info in case it may help you help me... so bear with me. I flashed AreaRomQ. It worked great. I loved it. I ran into a problem while trying to get my girlfriend a new phone, Straight Talk put MY number on her new Samsung Proclaim. After 6 calls to customer service and a few emails, I'm STILL battling this problem. My number is back on my phone, her number is back on her phone but neither phone will activate. Her phone will TRY to activate when you dial *22890 but fails every time. Mine treats the activation code like it's another phone number and says I dialed an incorrect code. When I dial any number, it doesn't even give a Straight Talk message or send you to customer service. It just says my account could not be validated. I thought if I could get the option to update my profile back, it would help. AreaRomQ doesn't have this as you know, so I flashed Hydro. I must have done something wrong because Hydro was missing some key apps like Android Market/Google Play Store and Terminal Emulator. So I figured I'd start from scratch. I did a factory wipe from the security menu. It rebooted into custom recovery. Nothing will get it out of this and it is what I need advice on. If you reboot it shows the LG logo and goes back to recovery. If you flash any rom, it shows the LG logo and goes back to recovery. If you do a factory wipe from the recovery, it does the same thing. Do I use KDZ to flash? If so, how do I get into emergency mode? Where can I get the stock software to flash with KDZ? I've googled for hours and can not find a conclusive solution. Help!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Wait. You did a factory reset from the Privacy menu while having a custom recovery? Unless someone has a KDZ file or something similar, you're toast.

You could try reflashing recovery within recovery but that's all I have.

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
you never factory reset from the phone with custom roms your bootlooping. try a new recovery. does your lg drivers still work did you ever do a nandroid backup from recovery? you don't have nothing to lose now try new recovery and also booting without sdcard

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

gibsondawg

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes my LG drivers still work. No nandroid back up. Booting without SD changes nothing. What recovery would you suggest? I'm only aware of the custom recovery I got from Area51.

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
look under all things root optimus q android forums is yours 5.0.2.7? there are other roms you can try flashing cm7 in this thread down some 3g or data doesn't work but maybe just to see if it will boot up or try an older version of arearom im guessing you did wipe dalvik cache too try that if not let me know we'll get this thing figured out

Sent from my WX435 using Android Central Forums