[ROM] [LGL55C/OptimusQ] [AreaRom] AreaRomQ v2.0

pwngmike

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm. i am going to call later today. It seems that only at my HOUSE does it not work. As i went to menards yesterday my phone was bombed with texts as i regained service elsewhere? and its not like they dont have service here. this only started happening 4 days ago :? . Sppoky stuff

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Even after changing the app drawer icon, it constantly resets to the alien. Also it seems a bit more sluggish than 1.4 was. This is not a reason for you to lash out at me and get another of my accounts banned. Those were merely some facts about the new ROM release which I will continue to use.. I prefer it over stock..

And you're right, SuperSU is better..

I just used titanium to uninstall adw and install golauncher EX to use as my desktop

d1ck3y0da

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
great ROM and thank everyone for all your hard work.
and i cant wait to overclock my Q. it runs good now but just a little bit more would be great! ill be looking forward to flashing the new ROM.
also just kinda throwing this out their someone should theme the AreaRom purple. like a dark purple.:cool:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been asked by the owner of the area51 site to theme all subsequent versions to hex #00ff00. This is a neonish green. I wouldn't mind creating other themes in the future but they won't be official rom release themes. I will make a flashable .zip of the red and cyan themes along with wolfbittens black and yellow themed rom. But from here on out arearom will be released in one color ... from here on out known as area51 green. We're doing this in an effort to uniform the releases. And arearomq v2.1 will be released with the stock 800mhz kernel, but I will release two flashable kernels. One will allow overclocking to 946.808mhz with a smartassv2 governor. This kernel is getting benchmarks in the 2000-2070 range. And the other kernel will be 876.8mhz. It is getting benchmarks in the 2050-2200 range. Thank you for your support and I'm going to try to have everything done next week. My birthdays on Sunday so I'm busy for the next few days with work and that.
Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been asked by the owner of the area51 site to theme all subsequent versions to hex #00ff00. This is a neonish green. I wouldn't mind creating other themes in the future but they won't be official rom release themes. I will make a flashable .zip of the red and cyan themes along with wolfbittens black and yellow themed rom. But from here on out arearom will be released in one color ... from here on out known as area51 green. We're doing this in an effort to uniform the releases. And arearomq v2.1 will be released with the stock 800mhz kernel, but I will release two flashable kernels. One will allow overclocking to 946.808mhz with a smartassv2 governor. This kernel is getting benchmarks in the 2000-2070 range. And the other kernel will be 876.8mhz. It is getting benchmarks in the 2050-2200 range. Thank you for your support and I'm going to try to have everything done next week. My birthdays on Sunday so I'm busy for the next few days with work and that.

JW. if there would be a way to release 4 kernels? Are the kernels for the slider stable?

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes they are. Ill release the slider kernels in a seperate thread. Again there's two. One @ 876.8mhz and one @ 946.808mhz. The issue is these kernels may or may not work with all devices. Some sliders and some qs may not be able to be overclocked. These kernels are based on work by drewwalton (876mhz kernel) and kato (946mhz kernel). Drews kernel is pushing better benchmarks but may not work with your device. Were not sure why this is. The 946mhz kernel is pushing lower benchmarks than the 876mhz kernel, but is running on more devices. You'll have to play with it and find what suits your device the best. I'm hoping to have arearomq v2.1 done next week. When its completed ill release all of our work including both kernels for the q and for the slider. Thank you all again for your continued support and interest. We're working hard to bring life to these lifeless droids.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Lol "lifeless"

Dude you are a savior to us all. I'm still doing all I can to find a solution for CM7

Sent from my LGL55C using Android Central Forums

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If you figure out how to kick that radio on ill be impressed. It looks like the vendor blobs are going to be a hurdle.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah they're not out there and every tree is missing a lot. Bobzhome is decent for some of the gelato stuff, and thunderc fixes the sound. The accelerometer and camera I've got no clue on.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure haven't really looked into it. I just know that there aren't trees for a lot of our hardware. Bobzhome is very incomplete and his gelato keymapping is off. Its very unlikely we will see a working port anytime soon. Rhg is working hard on getting ics working on our devices. We have several builds of various roms from cm7, cm9 to aokp ics. Unfortunately they're all proof of concept rather than working ports. Again its very unlikely we will see much of anything on these devices outside of expansion to the arearom builds. I wish I could give you more promising news but its simply not going to happen I don't think.

jjmontem

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all:

I've flashed AreaRomQ 2.0 and found that the keymapping for the Home and Menu buttons were swapped. I flashed GingerKernal 0.71, and it's been corrected.

Additionally, prior to installing GingerKernal, plugging the device into a USB cable rebooted it. Is this evident with other folks?

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all:

I've flashed AreaRomQ 2.0 and found that the keymapping for the Home and Menu buttons were swapped. I flashed GingerKernal 0.71, and it's been corrected.

Additionally, prior to installing GingerKernal, plugging the device into a USB cable rebooted it. Is this evident with other folks?

That's because the rom is for the q. The kernel isn't a slider kernel. Compare the optimus q and the optimus slider. The phones have two major differences (well 3 if you count the phones /system partition storage sizes). The sliders home keys and menu keys are reversed (like their physical location) and the q comes with ciq implemented where the slider doesn't.

And to raymix, the phones not going to be recognized by adb. Unfortunately on the q to give u flash I had to change the ro.secure.id value to 0 (root) in the kernel. Making this change allows flash to work but also kills the adb shell on the q. There is a workaround in the engdroidq rom and it was implemented in a previous version of arq, but I found the tweak to be a drain on the memory (ram) of the device... so much so that I dropped it in later versions and went ahead and just set the kernel to allow flash (thereby killing the adb shell). With the ease of copy and paste via es file explorer I don't feel its that big of a burden since adb doesn't work via recovery on the q to begin with.

jjmontem

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, jcole.

I'm using AreaROMQ simply because the phones storage quickly filled up, and Area seems to specialize in free that space.

While it doesn't seem ROM-specific (I've tried out a couple of others), activation of 3G really kills the battery on the Slider, even if not in use (e.g., surfing or automatic syncing). I haven't had luck in finding a solution other than use of JuiceDefender or some other automatic 3G disabler; does anyone have any suggestions?

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
so what your saying is that you want to disable your 3G???

okay sure... now you cant do anything except text and call

jjmontem

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
No, Hezx, temporarily disabling 3G is the only way I've been successful in achieve a 'reasonable' battery life (i.e., 1 day with extremely limited use of both voice and data (mostly wifi)).

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The notification toggles I added to arq have a 3g toggle. U can quickly and easily disable 3g with it.

jjmontem

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
O, I see that now, jcole20; thanks.

I don't think I was making myself clear - and it may not be consistent with this thread's subject - but I was commenting on the extremely poor battery life of the Slider (regardless of ROM) with 3G enabled. For example, if enabled and without data use, 3G will noticeably heat the unit, and the battery will go from 100 to 0 within an hour.