still worth it?

k1

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
hey guys :)

i am currently looking for a new phone and I was wondering if the optimus v would still be worth getting at this time. thanks!

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
its a good phone. its finally hitting its stride.

it has a very nice and fast gingerbread ROM available, flash just became available.

we wont know if its still a great value until we see how the Motorola Triumph fares. maybe it will be an awesome phone for its price, or way overpriced and have problems and everyone will still be all over the V haha

Reactions: k1

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My advice, for $150 and the monthly rates, it's a fantastic deal.

If you want an incredible deal though...
Use it for a month or so to become comfortable with it and make sure it works properly, then root it and put a nice rom on it, and you will be amazed at what a great phone it is for the money. As for which rom, put Xionia recovery and try them all.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
My advice, for $150 and the monthly rates, it's a fantastic deal.

If you want an incredible deal though...
Use it for a month or so to become comfortable with it and make sure it works properly, then root it and put a nice rom on it, and you will be amazed at what a great phone it is for the money. As for which rom, put Xionia recovery and try them all.

Agreed. Part of the fun with the phone is trying different roms.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
wow thanks a lot guys, looks like im getting this phone!

Good choice and definitely read up and ask a lot of questions before rooting and flashing roms. It took me over a week to figure it out but it's well worth it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Agreed please read as much as possible before you root and attempt to put a custom recovery and rom on. We would rather read your post about how awesome this phone is then how you bricked it because of a forgotten step.

And welcome to the addiction.

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
@k1

I have great news!!! Your thread which was taken over by childish bickering has been cleaned up and made presentable again. Whats more, I'm so disappointed by the actions of a few individuals that, should they decide to crap on your thread again, I'm going to give them a vacation from the forums ;) The optimus V section doesn't require a lot of time from moderators because you folks behave properly. Let's not change that now. If you just joined this community like k1, and in your first thread you see people bickering and taking the thread off topic, what would your opinion be of the community and more specifically those individuals?

I'm fine with friendly competition and differing opinions but personal attacks and thread crapping will not be tolerated.

Regarding this phone, I have the Optimus S and love it. I also have a Nexus S 4G and i recently re-activated my Optimus because i missed it lol. Amazing phone, lot's of untapped potential, great battery life. It truly is a pleasure to own this device.

K.P.

Last edited:

Raptor5150

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
@k1

I have great news!!! Your thread which was taken over by childish bickering has been cleaned up and made presentable again. Whats more, I'm so disappointed by the actions of a few individuals that, should they decide to crap on your thread again, I'm going to give them a vacation from the forums ;) The optimus V section doesn't require a lot of time from moderators because you folks behave properly. Let's not change that now. If you just joined this community like k1, and in your first thread you see people bickering and taking the thread off topic, what would your opinion be of the community and more specifically those individuals?

I'm fine with friendly competition and differing opinions but personal attacks and thread crapping will not be tolerated.

Regarding this phone, I have the Optimus S and love it. I also have a Nexus S 4G and i recently re-activated my Optimus because i missed it lol. Amazing phone, lot's of untapped potential, great battery life. It truly is a pleasure to own this device.

K.P.

this mod means buisness :D

good to see active mods in this forum.. ^_^

amishfury

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
if you do get the V you will eventually be very tempted to root it at the very least to be able to use link2sd because of the criminally low internal storage

JHAT

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the android scene, but I found a $130 new unopened LG optimus V off amazon. Not sure if that was against the rules...

But considering how robust the hardware is and the apparent ease of rooting, I think the $130 is a fair price to pay for a low-mid tier phone.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
its a good phone. its finally hitting its stride.

it has a very nice and fast gingerbread ROM available, flash just became available.

we wont know if its still a great value until we see how the Motorola Triumph fares. maybe it will be an awesome phone for its price, or way overpriced and have problems and everyone will still be all over the V haha

This is news to me, the V got Flash? When? Where? How? What rom?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This is news to me, the V got Flash? When? Where? How? What rom?

Like the gingerbread roms its not official and more of a hack to get it mostly working.
Check the asop thread and iirc there is a thread dedicated to it in the hacking section.

csx321

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Like the gingerbread roms its not official and more of a hack to get it mostly working.
Check the asop thread and iirc there is a thread dedicated to it in the hacking section.

Yep, FWIW I just now installed the Flash package from XDA (I'm using the asop ROM), and it appeared to work fine on the first thing I tried, which was the JibJab site. I've been on this ROM for about 2 weeks now, and I'm liking it a lot. After flashing the camera focus fix, I'm not having any issues with it. I think that fix is now integrated into the main download. The main reason I tried this ROM was to get rid of the green bar on the Netflix app (it does), but it's actually the first CM ROM I've used, and it's hard to imaging going back now. Love the CM features.

For reference: Flash thread on XDA

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that I DONT luke about tho ov is the screen size and resolution. Its not a big deal, cause it looks fine, just slightly limits the available apps. Most gameloft games aren't compatible.
Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87