sms stopped working :(

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
My roommate has been using my phone to text his girlfriends. He has been doing this at least 4 hours a day for the last couple of weeks. (Almost every second I am home and not on my phone) Every thing has been working okay more or less, aside from a random missed text or two.

Last night though, I stopped receiving ANY text messages at all. People are able to receive my texts, but none get in. (I verified this by texting my Google Voice number.)

I did not get the insurance, since I knew that I would be rooting my phone to ROM it. I really can't afford a new one right now, so I have to try and troubleshoot it myself.

Problem is I have no idea how to troubleshoot sms. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix/troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: I had already tried re-booting 3 times and it did not help. After reading somewhere that rebooting helped someone else, I decided to try it a 4th time and that worked?! Weird. Anyway its working now.

Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited:

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I sometimes like to power down the phone and pull the battery for 5 minutes or so, completely clear the system and start fresh, ya know?

Otherwise the only other thing I'd try would be to run the activate app again

Reactions: Ronin Wolf

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I sometimes like to power down the phone and pull the battery for 5 minutes or so, completely clear the system and start fresh, ya know?

Thanks jdcnosse. Next time this happens I will try that.

Otherwise the only other thing I'd try would be to run the activate app again

I would have had to re-flash stock to do that, so I am really glad I didn't have to. ;)

puma1988

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
if its keep doing that, try to factory reset ..
i use to get that problem n by faory resets helps for me...
but think about it before u do it cause i dont wana be blame for it ahahahaha jk

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
phones are very personal. should probably try keeping it to yourself next time. avoids problems of other people screwing up your personal property

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress