Help need to unroot!

kaivorth

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Sold my Optimus V with a custom rom, roooted. The buyer went to activate it and couldn't. He has a feeling it is because it is rooted. Easiest way to unroot the cellpone?

It's on 2.3.7 with a custom recovery too.

magus7091

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Conveniently enough there's a link to Harmonia 1.8 in LeslieAnn's signature. I would recommend fixing with Rhode and stick with the gingerbread ROM though.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: inceyet

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just flash the ZV9 update....that'll do it ! :D

really should know what custom recovery is on it before suggesting this... if he has cwm green, blue, cwmt touch, or multirom then your suggestion would take a lot of work to come back from.
really tho if he wants to stick with the GB rom then i'd also suggest make a backup then use rhode to activate and then just restore the backup. if he wants full stock (yuk!) then he'll need to have bobzhome or iho recovery to flash the update.zip from virgin

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
really should know what custom recovery is on it before suggesting this... if he has cwm green, blue, cwmt touch, or multirom then your suggestion would take a lot of work to come back from.
really tho if he wants to stick with the GB rom then i'd also suggest make a backup then use rhode to activate and then just restore the backup. if he wants full stock (yuk!) then he'll need to have bobzhome or iho recovery to flash the update.zip from virgin
+1 to that! ^