Screen not responding after cleaning

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
i used a TINY amount of rubbing alcohol to clean the earpiece of my OV and now the screen is not acting right.

it is very difficult to unlock my phone...and if i CAN get it unlocked the screen does not respond to touch at all or it responds erratically.

did i just bork my phone?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: droiddekka

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
the problem certainly did correct itself after about an hour.

thanks for the link tho! i'm gonna bookmark it in case i ever need it for real.

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Our screen is super sensitive to moisture. I cleaned my screen, lost function in the lower half, and tore the entire thing apart to dry.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Glad you got it working again. For future reference, rubbing alcohol is safe to use on electronics, you just gotta make sure it's completely evaporated before you turn it back on :p

Reactions: droiddekka

magus7091

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Additionally to advice already given: I would recommend to use the highest percentage rubbing alcohol you can find, as it evaporates sooner.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Additionally to advice already given: I would recommend to use the highest percentage rubbing alcohol you can find, as it evaporates sooner.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

this is where i went wrong. i was using ghetto-a$$ dollar store alcohol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

DeAnna Hayden

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem except I didn't use alcohol. I used handsoap like the kind Hospitals use. It's a foamy blue soap. I can't seem to unlock my phone to do anything including shutting my phone off. Is there a residue on the screen that can come off if you use soap? I'm worried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non