Sound kill by ketchup!?!?!?!?!

vm_760

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok here the deal. The other day I accidentally dropped my phone in ketchup on the corner where the headphone jack is. I wiped it off and went about my way, not usually using my headphones anyway.

Well today I got a really nice pair of Bose earbuds and want to try them out. When I went to plug them in us was kinda hard. I didn't remember about the incident until I had kinda pushed them in all the way.

Right now I'm bypassing some things by turning on all sounds through speaker on mrg666 rom.

Now my phone is stuck in headphone mode and I'm hoping someone can tell me a way to possibly repair it or something. I really don't wanna have to upgrade yet or run the risk of a eBay reject phone.

Please help!!!!!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
stick a fry on it and call it a day lol jk

I would personally get a thin cotton swab and see if i could get some out. And if i was desperate and didnt care for consequences i would wet the tip with very very little rubbing alcohol.

vm_760

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok I think I got it mostly cleaned out, but now it randomly bounces between earphone mode and regular mode.

If I knew it wouldn't totally brick the phone I'd take it apart and unsolder the headphone jack. I got another OV as a piece apart phone. Maybe I should crack it open first to see how hard it would be.

Thoughts? Or other remedies? :what:

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd go with a toothpick or something first, a screwdriver seems a bit harsh. Could damage it more.

Tapatalk? from my Optimus V

Ha, I was talking about using the screwdriver to take it apart for cleaning.

Ok I think I got it mostly cleaned out, but now it randomly bounces between earphone mode and regular mode.

If I knew it wouldn't totally brick the phone I'd take it apart and unsolder the headphone jack. I got another OV as a piece apart phone. Maybe I should crack it open first to see how hard it would be.

Thoughts? Or other remedies? :what:

I think that the ketchup is shorting the jack/switch, so soldering probably isn't necessary. If you took the phone apart, you could clean it more thoroughly, but don't do this unless you're comfortable with the idea.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

vm_760

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Well I got the first 7 screws out, popped off the grey backing and now I'm trying to gather the nerve to pull the last 2 screws and release the main board from the front black frame.

Who knew ketchup could be so bad...lol

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I got the first 7 screws out, popped off the grey backing and now I'm trying to gather the nerve to pull the last 2 screws and release the main board from the front black frame.

Who knew ketchup could be so bad...lol

Taking OV's apart and putting them back together is a piece of cake

skurtov

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Try alcohol swabs if you have them. I had this problem before. I believe there's like a pin that forces the phone to go into head set mode. If anything cm settings allow you to force play all notifications through the speakers anyways

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2