CM7 on Optimus V

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Lets try to keep all CM7 discussion related to the Optimus V in this thread, so its all in one place, and not clogging up the Optimus S threads, zefie has enough to fix without problems not even related to his phone being mixed in.

Heres the list of current V specific issues:
1) Carrier text incorrect
2) MMS (For more info: http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/61696-virgin-mobile-mms-issues-thread.html)
3) Build.prop needs updated for VM to display model and other things correctly
4) Reversed Home and Menu buttons

If people are interested, until CM7 stabilizes for the S and we start making V specific builds, I can make an update.zip that will change the reversed buttons, carrier text, build.prop, etc.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Lets try to keep all CM7 discussion related to the Optimus V in this thread, so its all in one place, and not clogging up the Optimus S threads, zefie has enough to fix without problems not even related to his phone being mixed in.

2) MMS (For more info: http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/61696-virgin-mobile-mms-issues-thread.html)

If people are interested, until CM7 stabilizes for the S and we start making V specific builds, I can make an update.zip that will change the reversed buttons, carrier text, build.prop, etc.

just fork my repos and update what you need to, it should auto sync my changes since i dont need to update the files in question

then you can build your own nightlys :)

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
just fork my repos and update what you need to, it should auto sync my changes since i dont need to update the files in question

then you can build your own nightlys :)

If no one else decides to do it, I will. I'm not very familiar with github and such, but i'll figure it out if no one else takes charge.

overthinkingme

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd really appreciate it if someone capable would be willing. Coming from a nexus one, I miss being a flashaholic :D
I'm no programmer though :/

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Franzferdinan51

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm interested in the update. zip please that would help alot the only problem in having is Mms i flashed i compatible kernel so my buttons are fixed

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I was able to fork zefie's source and create a VM version with the correct carrier text, etc. Works great, carrier shows VM now, correct key mapping, etc. I'm gonna test it tonight, as long as no problems arise ill post it tomorrow. Working good so far though! MMS is still a work in progess, and may never be fixed, but hopefully we will be able to eventually. Thanks to zefie for all his hard work, I'm just making minor changes for our phones.

gfurr24

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was able to fork zefie's source and create a VM version with the correct carrier text, etc. Works great, carrier shows VM now, correct key mapping, etc. I'm gonna test it tonight, as long as no problems arise ill post it tomorrow. Working good so far though! MMS is still a work in progess, and may never be fixed, but hopefully we will be able to eventually. Thanks to zefie for all his hard work, I'm just making minor changes for our phones.
Thats awesome man! MMS is pretty important, but I think many of us can do without. There is always the option of using Gmail for sending pictures. Cant wait to try it out, if it passes your approval.

WobbleTheHutt

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

awesome! also can you check to see if when you play music it starts lound and then gets quiet via the phones speaker? also some apps have the problem as well. i think its related to the DPSM manager if its on the S as well then it will be fixed its just a matter of time :)

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Zefie's newest code fixes the audio normalization so my build and his next build will fix this I believe.

Sent from my LG Optimus V

androidsamurai

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it's coming along...

I am currently on zef's 18th nightly and loving it, so the vm version is bound to be better for my phone.

Will be nice to have an audio fix as well.. keep up the good work.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

Gutterball

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
As soon as the mms incoming is working? I'm on board! I tried the optimus s version and its bad ass! Just no mms. Really what does it matter cause I cant recieve mms on stock rom right now either! LOL

jackelxing

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I installed this yesterday and have been playing around with it all day. I really like the CM7 mod. It would seem as though everything is working I can send and recieve mms. The gps seems to be working. I very rarely use bluetooth so I havent checked it.

It is lots faster and scores a 1661 on Antutu benchmark. Only issue is overclocking above 800 causes a crash.So I run (when needed) at 787.

Have more available Memory as well 421 mb

Battery Life has doubled over 2.2.

SO I like the mod I have the 2.3 keyboard and theme installed. Looks and feels like 2.3 full.

Lots of custom settings available. Very functional and user friendly even for a noob like me. :)

Thanks to all the devs!
asopv6Cmod-20110307
Build gri40
Kernal 2.6.32.26-asopcmod

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Why exactly did you bring this back from the grave? AospCM7 has been abandoned. You really should try one of the IHO roms.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Justin0716

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I cant download anything after flashing cm7 I have no market I cant even get rom manager back any help? I would really like to recover my fone but I cant even do that

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I cant download anything after flashing cm7 I have no market I cant even get rom manager back any help? I would really like to recover my fone but I cant even do that
When flashing any custom gingerbread rom you need to install gapp.zip found at the link on the IHO page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez