Bricked

bn

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm pretty sure that I bricked my Optimus V. I wanted to install new ROM and so I wiped out all the data on SD card except for ROM files, then I booted into recovery and cleaned cache, but after that I accidentally chose Reboot system and now I'm stuck on LG logo, the phone won't go into Recovery any more, it just sits there showing LG logo. Is there anything I can do at this point or am I doomed? Rebooting it doesn't help. Is there a way to do a manual factory reset or anything else that would help? Thanks in advance.

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Pop your battery out, wait 10 seconds and then press home, camera, and power button. That I believe is the way to get to recovery, whether or not it is custom it should still have the option to factory reset. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure that is how you do it.

bn

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Pop your battery out, wait 10 seconds and then press home, camera, and power button. That I believe is the way to get to recovery, whether or not it is custom it should still have the option to factory reset. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure that is how you do it.
Ha! Thanks. Looks like the combination should also include a Vol. down button, I just tried it and it booted into custom recovery. Thanks for your help.

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it gets hard for me to remember the correct combination as 3 people in my house have the optimus and 2 have the intercept and those with the intercept need to use the volume down for either custom recovery or was it download mode...? Either way, it's a pain to remember lol

So I take it you got it fixed?

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Good good, you know half the time the ROM does the data wiping for you and all you have to worry about is the dalvik and cache wiping, it's also very recommended to wipe your battery stats and I see no harm in wiping the rotation stats as well.

If flashing a ROM doesn't work the first time, sometimes wiping the cache and dalvik and reflashing the ROM a 2nd time works.

humanakeo

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I dont think their price gonna increase because they still have commercials and ads about 25$ being crazy cheap

aand i tried to make my own animation... but it didnt work out