Got my Google Music Beta invite

MidtownHD

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
200,000 songs limit and I uploaded like 1000 so far. Slowest upload speed ever from TWC inn NYC.
I checked all genres for free songs and I got the worst songs ever. Had to delete all of them.

youngSWi

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that it only "streams" the first time you play a song. All files are downloaded to SD ANDROID/Data/Com.Google.Android.Music/Cache/Music eating space massively as I listen to more and more music. They should just call this a syncing cloud,

I believe they have a setting to select what songs you want saved on your phone for syncing basically, or you can just set them to stream only. I haven't got my invite yet, but I plan on playing with this feature a bit. =D

FatalIll

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I got mine tonight, finally. Uploading my music now; well, its scanning my folders and it found over 5000 songs. Here goes nothin'.

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
200,000 songs limit and I uploaded like 1000 so far. Slowest upload speed ever from TWC inn NYC.
I checked all genres for free songs and I got the worst songs ever. Had to delete all of them.

Google most likely rushed the finish of this project, after Amazon announced it own cloud music service they rushed the finish before they could finalize deals with a lot of major record labels

in other news

i got my invite last night and i am stoke. Just wish i had internet at my apartment. have to wait until i find solid wifi

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
To clear up some of the answers earlier

Storage limit: 20,000 songs
Storage limits - Music Help

Cache and local download:
There was a way to enable cache and download for offline listening link as proof :
Changing settings in the Music application - Music Help
*for some reason on my app, I don't see these settings. I've seen them before, but it not sure why I don't see them anymore.
** was happening because it didn't sync correctly

Amazon vs Google:
1. As of right now google is free, Amazon is free up to 5 gb ( buy and album now and get 20 gb free for a year )
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/l...tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU980171

I get continuous crashes when trying to play any song. Hopefully next version will be more stable

Last edited:

RaeFlynne

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ehehehe. I got mine. And my uploader has been chugging nonstop for about 48 hours. I'm at 1700 songs uploaded, and nearly 2500 skipped for some reason.... An error in uploading. Really odd.

I'm just hoping to get all 120GB of my music uploaded before I take my trip to Florida... On the 19th. XP

As for issues with the app.... All's good on my end. 100%

FatalIll

May 5, 2011
Visit site
So I set up music manager and uploaded a few thousand songs.they show up in music.google.com library but only a few songs actually show up on the Music app.

Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from a series of tubes (LG-VM670)

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
So I set up music manager and uploaded a few thousand songs.they show up in music.google.com library but only a few songs actually show up on the Music app.

Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from a series of tubes (LG-VM670)

Hmm....it took a while for mine to show up on my phone. How long have all the songs been on your library? Is your phone syncing with your Google account? I'm wondering if that's the issue. When you open up Google Music, hit the menu button. If you don't see a "settings" option, then it's a synching issue. Let me know. If that's the problem, I think I had found an easy fix at another forum.

FatalIll

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hmm....it took a while for mine to show up on my phone. How long have all the songs been on your library? Is your phone syncing with your Google account? I'm wondering if that's the issue. When you open up Google Music, hit the menu button. If you don't see a "settings" option, then it's a synching issue. Let me know. If that's the problem, I think I had found an easy fix at another forum.

I see settings, my account is set up just fine, and im still loading music to it as we speak... Maybe it wont refresh until everything is done in music manager?

I dont know... Ill try turning on syncing and see what happens.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Ah. I know it took my older PC quite a while to upload everything. Actually, it took about 15 hours to upload 2,500 songs, lol! During the upload, the songs periodically started showing up in the Google Music app. If they still don't show after the upload is complete, maybe try uninstall/reinstall.

FatalIll

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a new computer... not slow at all, not hindered by anything. so I dont know why its taking me over a day to get through 3,500 songs.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Got my invite about a week and a half ago and have been streaming like a champ. Only real issue I've come across is the design of the uploader. IMO...I don't think the upload music button should be on the same tab as the folder selection, instead of advance settings. Was also a little confusing to get started uploading. Also...has anyone found a way to download the songs you have stored in the cloud? I've just seen the option to delete them from the desktop.

Sent from my evil hideout. MUWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa