30+ new Droiddream infections found on the marketplace.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Developer names are in bold.

GluMobi

* Tetris
* Bubble Buster Free
* Quick History Eraser
* Super Compass and Leveler
* Go FallDown !
* Solitaire Free
* Scientific Calculator
* TenDrip

DroidPlus

* Quick Cleaner
* Super App Manager
* Quick SMS Backup

Magic Photo Studio

* Sexy Girls: Hot Japanese
* Sexy Legs
* HOT Girls 4
* Beauty Breasts
* Sex Sound
* Sex Sound: Japanese
* HOT Girls 1
* HOT Girls 2
* HOT Girls 3

Mango Studio

* Floating Image Free
* System Monitor
* Super StopWatch and Timer
* System Info Manager

E.T. Tean

* Call End Vibrate

BeeGoo

* Quick Photo Grid
* Delete Contacts
* Quick Uninstaller
* Contact Master
* Brightness Settings
* Volume Manager
* Super Photo Enhance
* Super Color Flashlight
* Paint Master

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, is there any proof that any of the anti-virus apps work?

Just waiting for the day when I see a fake anti-virus pop-up on my phone, I make a decent amount of my income by removing fake anti-virus programs from people's PCs. ;)

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
If antivirus apps are useless, how do we protect ourselves for such threats? Also if google can automaticly wipe infected apps off our phone, what prevents them from wiping an app that gives you root access but is not malware?:confused:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If antivirus apps are useless, how do we protect ourselves for such threats? Also if google can automaticly wipe infected apps off our phone, what prevents them from wiping an app that gives you root access but is not malware?:confused:

Nothing stops them, but google has nothing against you having root access. You download Superuser from their own marketplace after all. It is your phone provider that doesn't want you having root. Even they can't stop you from doing it. They can only void your warranty.

Reactions: Glenar

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I dont think gingerbread is widespread enough for the general community to exploit too many of its possible security holes.

majority of phones are on 2.2 , and the majority of the 2.3 phones are either a Nexus or some form of the latest cyanogenmod.

and if the users running 2.3 are installing a custom rom, they are MOST LIKELY smart enough to avoid dangerous apps like these. just saying, when you tinker with your phone and learn how to root and flash, you learn a lot pretty quickly, notably, what apps to avoid.

we should be alright for awhile.

I just feel bad for people using a stock 2.2 android phone who are hearing wild stories about "malware" on android and thinking less of the entire platform.

although, its complicated enough that its hard to educate EVERY user. so we always get those loons who shun the platform as a whole becuase of something like this

edit* case in point, a friend of mine sold his Evo 4G and bought an iphone becuase he truley believed viruses were going to become rampant on the Android platform in the coming months and he didnt want to be a part of it.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
edit* case in point, a friend of mine sold his Evo 4G and bought an iphone becuase he truley believed viruses were going to become rampant on the Android platform in the coming months and he didnt want to be a part of it.

Tell him about all the recent Apple malware scares, and see what he thinks then. Apple flew under the radar of hackers for a long time due to only having a miniscule portion of the PC market, but those days are over, and Apple users are no longer any safer than anyone else, be it on computers or smart phones.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Tell him about all the recent Apple malware scares, and see what he thinks then. Apple flew under the radar of hackers for a long time due to only having a miniscule portion of the PC market, but those days are over, and Apple users are no longer any safer than anyone else, be it on computers or smart phones.

Apple was NEVER any more safe from possible attack.

People in the industry have known the threats existed, the threats weren't mainstream, but the threats have always been there. Apple people have had their heads buried in the sand. There has been long standing talk of small infestations as well, but since no one on an Apple thought they could be infected, no one ever bothered testing to see if they even were infected.

Don't think I'm picking on Apple here, I know many PC techs who bury their heads as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress