[Reference Guide] Optimus V Modding (READ THIS TO GET STARTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke4jgx

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Reference Guide] Optimus V Modding (READ THIS TO GET STARTED

Grate guides here! When I got my OV I found this place and have had a blast and have learned a lot! Thanks a lot! :)

lilnorthup93

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Reference Guide] Optimus V Modding (READ THIS TO GET STARTED

I'm liking this little phone, but so far, the modding hasn't been quite as smooth as I would like.

Had a little trouble, but got it rooted, now I have Xionia CWMA recovery on it and I've tried flashing a couple ROMs (rodimus and bumblebee and bumblebee kernel) and everything seems fine in recovery, but when I go to boot the system, I only end up with a blank screen. It seems the phone works, I get the haptic feedback when I slide the unlocker and when I press the right areas from there. I can even turn the phone off and back on again, but all I have is a blank screen.

Does anyone have any idea where I should start trying to fix this?

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking this little phone, but so far, the modding hasn't been quite as smooth as I would like.

Had a little trouble, but got it rooted, now I have Xionia CWMA recovery on it and I've tried flashing a couple ROMs (rodimus and bumblebee and bumblebee kernel) and everything seems fine in recovery, but when I go to boot the system, I only end up with a blank screen. It seems the phone works, I get the haptic feedback when I slide the unlocker and when I press the right areas from there. I can even turn the phone off and back on again, but all I have is a blank screen.

Does anyone have any idea where I should start trying to fix this?

Yeah, you have one of the newer OV's, they have slight hardware and software changes that have been fixed with ROMs dated after Sept 1st, but any ROM before then won't work. Rodimus, Bumblebee, etc. haven't been updated in ages, but if you're looking for a new Froyo ROM, I would suggest Harmonia, it's been updated recently. You can also try Gingerbread 2.3.x if u want, the I.H.O. Thread will point you in the right direction...

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Android 2.3.7 on Tapatalk

Reactions: lilnorthup93
Status
Not open for further replies.