how do I move apps to home screen

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to put apps directly on the home screen or apps screen. Some of them are in those locations but for most of my apps I have to tap on the market icon>my apps>choose an app and click open. I would like to be able to eliminate those steps for quicker access.
Thanks in advance.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
open the app drawer, long press on a app icon, and the drawer will fade away and you can release the icon to any spot on your home screen

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I think I know what your saying. However, some of the apps aren't even in the app drawer. For example some such My Coffee Card, Google Maps, etc are under the market screen. If possible I would like to move them to the home screen.
Thanks again.

checcles

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Make sure those are downloaded from the market to your phone. Does it say that google maps is installed?

Sent from my LG Optimus V running aospCM7 via Tapatalk

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
every app installed on your phone regardless of where it came from will be in the app drawer. except if its an app that wasnt designed to have a GUI

like if you are on AOSPcm7 and download a theme. it installs like any app, but you cant see it unles you go to the theme choose app.

google maps IS in your app drawer. look harder. if its really not. go install it.

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the delayed response evryone. Eventually after playing around with the phone I was able to figure it out on my own. It was just a matter of pressing and holding on a large area of blank screen. A menu titled "Add to Home Screen" will pop up. The choices are Shortcuts, Widgets, Folders, and Wallpapers. Clicking on shortcuts will bring up a submenu with one of the choices being Application. Once that is clicked you can choose which apps to add to the home screen.

waynebeep

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi Frank999, I suspect you don't have the app drawer icon on your home screen. Long press the home screen and select Add item>Action>Open applications. This will place the app drawer icon on your homescreen where you can access all your apps. From there you can long press any app and place a shortcut on your home screen.

amarisstewart

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi , I just got a new phone and I am still trying to figure out how to work it . I have downloaded aps from the android market but it doesn't show up on my homescreen or app menu . But when I go to manage apps they are all there . I am trying to figure out how to put them on my homescreen . Can anybody help me with that ?

lidavisjr

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
This is a very good, concise description, but what if it doesn't work?
I.e., the background fades, showing the home screen, I lift my finger
from the icon -- but when I go to the home screen, the icon is not there?

-- Tony

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty