Live video feed to the Gear VR?

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So I recently bought a DJI Phantom 3. It runs a pilot app that gives real-time 720P video on Android or Iwhatever devices. It would be very nice to pop on the Gear VR and fly the bird. Anybody have a way to get live video from HDMI into a Note 4 and in Gear VR?

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea if this works but my guess is you need an app that converts 2D video as a split screen stereoscopic 3D video. Like this one claims (never tried it):

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.funghisoft.sbsvideoplayer&token=RYD7khIq

Also, YouTube now supports 3D stereoscopic video if you can get your drone to stream video to YouTube then watch YouTube on Gear VR through your note 4.

One drawback with this approach is that currently there is no YouTube app built for Gear VR. You can still do it but you have to mount the phone into Gear VR WITHOUT plugging into the micro usb port.

When you do this, the head tracking uses the phone's accelerometer which is nowhere near as precise and as fast as the Gear VR accelerometer. So your video might be laggy/jumpy a lot, making you sick.

Good luck! Post back if you get this to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699